“Can't beat the location in Providence”

Omni Providence Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Omni Providence is connected to the Providence Place Mall and across the street from the "Riverwalk" area. The location is excellent if you're there for an event at the Dunkin' Donuts Center or to participate in one of the Riverwalk events. Also great if you're into shopping - lots of shops and restaurants to choose from and they're all within the complex.
On check-in, they had a little adventure kit with backpack for my son. That was a really nice touch and actually pushed my grade from "Average" to "Very Good".
The rooms themselves were a "C+" overall. It was a bit dated. When I opened the cabinet next to the chest of drawers, there were holes where there used to be a microfridge.
You'll want a room that is not on the I-95 side of the hotel unless you find the sound of traffic to be soothing. There are also a lot of thumping bass and loud exhausts; kids cruising the mall area. There's a decent pool and hot tub, which we did use. My young son enjoyed it but if you're looking to do laps, it's not very large. It got crowded pretty quick.
The next time I'm in Providence for an event, I'm going to seek other lodging. For the cost of the room (~$110/night), I really can't complain about the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the I-95 side.
1  Thank CJBGLO
Write a ReviewReviews (2,929)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, as a Westin, in October, and returned to its new incarnation as an Omni in May. As Westin, it was great. As Omni, even better. Here's why:

As we all know, most upper level hotels can kill you with internet and meal charges. Upon registering, the accommodating and friendly clerk advised me of the Omni Select Guests instant sign-up. Therefore, my wi-fi was free, and they even shined a pair of shoes overnight. Best of all, they offer complimentary morning coffee, to which I added the purchase of a banana and a bagel. It was delivered precisely on-time, with a total cost of $8.69. Really.

Room was spotless and lovely. Fitness facility is huge, staffed with helpful people. Car valet prompt. Angelique at the desk bid a very friendly, pleasant good-bye.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GreenMountains18
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. I signed up for their loyalty points before my stay. I put down a quiet corner room as my preferred room and that's exactly what I got. My room was a premier executive room which included free morning beverage service and free wifi. The room was extremely clean was very spacious. The bathroom was huge and had a seperate shower and bath. My room was in the east wing which appeared to be newer than the west wing.
The hotel staff was super attentive and very professional.
The hotel is in the best location attached to the mall and the convention center.

Room Tip: Sign up for their loyalty points before your stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank raineday33
PRVOMNIMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Providence. Thank you for taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Omni just took over this property from the Westin in January 2013. They're off to a great start. I found everything to be excellent and will definitely return. If I had to nitpick, I would say that two things were lacking. First: There were no frills in the room, (no stationery, no magazines, etc. There wasn't even the ubiquitous Bible). Second, the staff seem genuinely helpful but untrained and unfamiliar with the hotel. I'm sure those will both improve over time as the Omni culture grows at this property. Have no fear in booking this hotel.

Room Tip: Room number xx18 is the suite on every floor in the south/west wing, with wide views. The other sid...
1  Thank GGW135
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Omni Providence. I have stayed there on many occasions and had hoped all would be the same when I saw it had turned into a Omni where in the past it was a Westin property. At first, I though all would be the same but then I realized that much had changed. My room was in need of painting and fixing up. There was a scrape on the wall no one had paid attention to. The carpet also needed cleaning. The room was noisy and when I called, no one seemed to respond. The hotel is a great location but the service has definitely dropped a notch or two and the price is still a premium. While the hotel lobby always had a finely dressed manager standing there doing nothing(I guess that is why the room is high) the response to detail and service has definitely dropped.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PRVOMNIMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. It was disappointing for us to read that your stay at the Omni Providence did not meet your expectations. Having purchased the hotel just over 90 days ago we have already invested into the property with increased staffing levels and upgraded touches. A full property renovation is set to begin in early 2014. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope for a future opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed recently for our daughters dance competition. I had booked this property when it was a Westin using Westin points. The Omni honored my reservation and points for a Junior Suite. When we went to check in and were brought to our room, the room reeked of cigarette smoke. The gentleman that brought us to our room, Marc, asked us to wait just one minute and went into the room and called the front desk. A few minutes later, he came out and said he had a great solution. He had spoken to the manager Erik and they upgraded us at no charge to the Presidential Suite for the night. We were so excited. The room was amazing!!!!!! It only had a king bed so Marc had cots brought up right away for the kids. I have never stayed in a Presidential Suite and would never pay for one but what a treat! I applaud Marc and Erik and the hotel for handling a little negative situation so speedily and making a customer so happy. We will definitely stay there every time we come back. The Omni was really wonderful to all of us that were there for the competiion and needed extra check out time due to the timing of the competition on Sunday. They went out of their way to make all of us happy and succeeded. Everyone I spoke to was happy with the hotel. Many of us had stayed at the Biltmore the previous year which was also nice, but we all said we would stay here again next year. It is connected to the mall and convention center and was incredibly convenient and the service and attitude of the employees that we encountered could not be beaten! They took care of us from the minute we pulled our car up until they pulled our car back up for us to leave.

Kudos for doing things right!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday Night, April 27, 2013. The first thing that you notice as a guest is the prominent facade which is stately and modern. The building itself is located in what I would call one of the best sections of Providence. It was close to shopping, dining, and theater. In addition, our room had a magnificent view of the Rhode Island State House.

The beds were clean and comfortable. The room was not overly ornate. Instead it was what I would call pleasantly understated. Overall, the experience was enjoyable and I would stay here again if I needed a place to stay in Providence for a weekend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple