“Great location for conferences”

Omni Providence Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed here two nights in March for a conference, and loved the location connected to the Conference Center. The hotel was also conveniently located near the train station. I had signed up for the Select Guest program before arriving, which entitled me to a free morning beverage delivered to the room and free wifi. The room was very comfortable with everything that I needed for a great stay in Providence.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JHMharp
OMNIPRVMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

We are glad you expectations were exceeded at the Omni Providence. Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our property.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Each representative I encountered was extremely nice and courteous! The hotel room was clean and the king sized bed was extremely comfortable. This hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Providence and also conveniently attached to the mall. We had a fantastic experience here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
OMNIPRVMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed 2 nights during a conference. Great location for the convention center and downtown businesses. My room was on the 20th floor, but elevators were pretty speedy, even during morning rush hours. The room was simple and the desk was rather small, but the bed was amazingly comfortable and the bathroom was spotless and the fixtures were in good shape. But the best part of the stay was the service. The first night I came back to the room to find a complete turn down - robe on the bed, tv tuned to soft music, water bottles and ice bucket on the desk. (Nothing the 2nd night - not sure why/not.) The free morning beverage was wonderful and always delivered on time, All of the staff were super friendly. There are lots of great restaurants nearby. If you're a beer lover don't miss Trinity Brew Pub just a block or so away. Parking was a bit confusing and hard to find - self park is in the attached convention center garage. But overall, a great experience and I look forward to another chance to stay there!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lori W
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The public spaces were very nice. The room was clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. I stayed on the 14 floor and had a nice view. Service responded quickly to my request. The exhaust in my bathroom did not work and there didn't seem to be hooks or bars for used towels and washcloths. Cable offered many channels. Convenient to 95. Parking was expensive, so on my last night I parked on the street for free knowing that I would be leaving before 8 the next morning. The location is central, but I wouldn't recommend going in April as there wasn't much activity in the area. We ended up spending a day in Newport shopping, touring the mansions, and having lunch. I did benefit from a better rate through Expedia most likely due to the time of year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently took two rooms for a night at the hotel, they quickly signed us up so we could get free Wifi and breakfast drinks brought to our room in the morning. The rooms were clean (although one of the sinks was dirty and I had to clean it a bit), but overall it was a nice experience. Staff was very nice as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you are looking for convenience, plush luxurious bedding and attentive staff - look no further. Having stayed at other down town hotels, the Omin (once the Westin) has it together. No Complaints! The weather wasn't cooperative yet we didn't need to leave the hotel - attached to Providence Place Mall & from hotel lobby access for superior dinner at Fleming's who can complain?? If this were Boston - more than double it..NYC triple the price. A terrific get away...Enjoy!
PS For those who can not read a GPS & found location difficult to locate - stay home. Hotel EZ to find.

Room Tip: East Tower 15th floor offered as nice a view as Providence can have.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We went down to the Omni for my daughters 10th birthday. We had been there when it was a Westin a few times. I did the advanced purchase rate and thought I was going to be charged right away. I didnt think anything of it until we went there and there was a receipt under the door when we were going to check out. I went down to verify that I did the advanced rate. It was 9a nothing going on in the lobby and the person behind the desk couldnt be bothered to look up my reservation. "Oh that is just the receipt from the prepay." I asked if she was sure and she said yes I wouldn't be charged again. I of course was charged that day and figured out I was not charged 3 weeks prior, which was fine except the GM told me via email a few weeks later they were having problems with their reservation system and havent been charging the advanced purchase reservations. So, how come the front desk people dont know that and even worse not care to even check.

We also had an issue with the pool area. After coming back from Dave & Busters, my daughters wanted to go to the pool. The pool area is small and as seats for about 10 people. Ok no big deal. They get in the pool and I go to get towels for them. There arent any. I call on the house phone in the pool area and was told they will bring them right up. Half hour later, nothing, so I call again, yep they are coming. Finally figured out there were some towels downstairs in the exerise room. So, two calls and an hour later nothing.

The rooms are fine and the location is great, but going to try somewhere else the next time...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dargen430

Thank you for reviewing your experience at our hotel at TripAdvisor. We are disappointed to read about the miscommunication at the Front Desk. If you return please let us know if you have any concerns so that we may immediately address them. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope for a future opportunity to serve you.