“My Day Was Saved”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Essex, Vermont
“My Day Was Saved”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have just returned from a five day conference in Providence. Luckily, we chose the Biltmore for our stay. Not only was the staff helpful and welcoming, but they went way beyond the call of duty. On our last morning when I was really tired and hardly functioning straight, we ate breakfast at McCormick and Schmick's, the restaurant in the hotel lobby. After a delicious breakfast, albeit a bit pricey, I signed my credit card bill and then left the credit card in the folder. At our next stop later in the day, I realized what I had done, and started making frantic telephone calls. The people at the hotel cooperated with the restaurant people who had found my card, and after confirming my real identity by a faxed copy of my driver's licence, mailed my card back to my home address. I can't say enough for their concern and helpfulness. You people rock!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for the great review. I'll say it back.. "You Rock!" we appreciate the great feedback and the five star rating. Happy we could help in any way. We push to deliver five star service at any opportunity and are so pleased that we were able to track down the card for you and that it has made it back to you safely.

I hope that whether for business or pleasure you have the opportunity to return to Providence and the Biltmore sometime soon.

Thank you once again and enjoy the remainder of your Summer.

Reservations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tyler, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

These hotels up here really ate our lunch. The bill including parking for two nights was $486.30. It makes it difficult to travel in this part of the country when you have to pay so much. We booked through Booking.com and got a nightly rate of $190.40. The thing I liked about that was we could of changed plans up until the day of arrival which we almost did due to flights being delayed.

If you are there on Sunday, and are looking for breakfast early like I did, the strange thing is your choices downtown are very limited. We did eat at the McCormick and Schlick restaurant there and it was good, but once again pretty pricey for my taste at $40 including the tip.

We took the trolley tour on Sunday, and then we had to leave on Monday morning. I would probably stay there again if we were to return to Providence.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate that you chose the Biltmore for your trip to Providence. I agree, prices in the Northeast can be a bit higher than other areas of the country. It is truly dependent on a number of factors and the time of the year traveling.

If I may suggest, on your next trip to Providence, reach out to me directly. We often run special promotions and offers that may help add some value to your trip. I'd be happy to work with you to ensure that your "lunch", if I may quote you, stays on your plate.

I hope to speak to you sometime in the future and again, I thank you for your review and feedback. I have included my direct line for you below.

401-455-3160
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Location is great for visiting Brown. Historic property with some modern amenities, rooms are good size. Clearly, they tried to keep some history by not making it all new. After coming from Boston, rooms were reasonably priced.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lovemycab
Thank you for the great comments. We always love when people come to the city to visit Brown and the Biltmore. Both Brown and the Biltmore are staples of Providence and are engrained in the history of our little city.

Your point about Boston vs. Providence is spot on. We are pleased to know that you found our prices to be fair and that the accommodation was to your liking. I hope that if you are considering Brown or an Alum, that the Biltmore can be your home for years when visiting Providence.

Thank you once again for the lovely review.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Not enough value for the price. The room was ok, and the service was ok, but not worth the money. It was a WaterFire night and the fireworks kept us up very late. The service at McCormick & Schimdt for breakfast was terrible, we walked out after 10 minutes without being served or greeted.

Room Tip: Very loud on WaterFire night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Marianne386
I appreciate that you took the time to review our property. Our team thrives on our guest feedback and need it in order to grow and excel. I am sorry that your expectations were not met during your recent visit. We are always pushing to raise the bar and exceed our guests needs and expectation. I hate to think that we fell short during your experience.

I am also sorry that the restaurant was unable to provide you with the service you desired and deserved. I will be sure to bring your review to the attention of the restaurant team as well as our own to ensure these instances are minimized and eliminated.

If you would allow, I would love to invite you back to the Biltmore. I would like to personally handle your reservation and give you the five star service that we strive to provide and that you should have received. I am leaving you with my direct line so that we may speak in person and I can show you that the Biltmore is worth every penny on your next stay.

Thank you for your honest feedback and I cannot wait to speak to you soon.

Direct line: 401-455-3160
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family of four spent the night toward the end of June, and found The Providence Biltmore Hotel an excellent property. The room was well above standard-- with plenty of space, an (actually) separate sitting area with sink and fridge, and a nice big bathroom. We were able to walk to dinner, and to the park along the river. Also, the hotel is just a 15 minute walk up the hill to Brown.
We thought the place was awfully nice, and a good value. I would've given the fifth star, but thought the front desk needed a little more training. A couple of the staff seemed not to know the answers to questions that should've been anticipated, and that didn't make a great first impression. We'd definitely stay here again, in any case.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jwaterdock
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are continually working and training to ensure each guest feels confident leaving us the fifth star. It is great to read that you enjoyed the size and space that the Junior Suite offers and that our location was the perfect base for you to explore Providence.

We look forward to your return trip when we can showcase the strides our team is making. It is my goal for you to return and feel that only a five star review will suffice.

Thank you so much for the great feedback. I hope to see you soon.

Cathedral City, California
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel has been updated very well and with much attention to detail. All of the staff were unfailingly helpful and friendly. Little things slightly marred our stay: dirty room service trays in the hallway for up to 12 hours and bags of room linens left around for hours. Sometimes the valet was very slow to bring our car around, even when they weren't very busy. Our room was very nice and spacious, bathroom smallish but well appointed. The hotel is in a great location and is pretty pricey. All in all we enjoyed the hotel and the city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I have never stayed in a hotel with worse customer service, and I have stayed in innumerable hotels. First of all, arriving from the airport at 3pm, we were told we had to pay a surprise $28 fee for valet, or park in an "unaffiliated" lot for $20 per day (but the parking garage says "the Biltmore"). Then, they wouldn't let us check in, and we had to leave our luggage until after 4pm although we were given a strict 11am checkout time (we had reservations too). When we returned, it easily took 30 minutes after checking in to retreive our luggage. Also, we have to note the room service plates from adjacent rooms with obvious breakfast food is still in the hallway at 11pm. For this price I'd rather stay 2 nights in another hotel, I bet the service would be way better.

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Sara W
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take great pride in our hotel and use feedback such as yours to better ourselves and improve for the future. With that, I am sorry that your experience was less than exceptional. One of the unfortunate parts about staying in a city hotel is that parking is an additional cost. The hotels in the direct city center of Providence do not have the luxury of space for a parking lot to offer free parking to the guests. Many of the hotels including ours lease space from the neighboring garage which is privately owned.

I also apologize that we did not have a room available for you to check in before our scheduled arrival time. The Biltmore has a 4pm check-in time for its guests and happily checks its guests in as soon as a room is available. We have that set time so we can ensure you are given the best possible room and that it is in perfect condition.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to return to our city so that I may bring you back and ensure your stay exceeds your expectation. I'd like to offer you my direct line so I may personally arrange your reservation and win you over.

I look forward to speaking with you.

401-455-3160