“Great hotel, great price, friendly people”
Review of Hilton Providence

Hilton Providence
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Providence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Texas
“Great hotel, great price, friendly people”
Reviewed January 13, 2010

This hotel was conveniently located, I walked to Federal Hill one night to have dinner with a friend. The doorman gave a wonderful recommendation for a mediterranean restaurant and was very friendly. I had an interview the next morning and the hotel shuttle provided a free ride. The only complaints that I have is that the front desk staff were a little bit rude and they should provide a free shuttle from the airport.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton in Providence for New Year's Eve. It was extremely affordable and the room was large, comfortable, and clean. The staff were attentive and helpful and it is located right over the bridge from Federal Hill. We were able to walk to our dinner reservations and all the bars/restaurants in Federal Hill which made a car or cab unnecessary. The hotel has a pay lot we got a package deal which included the cost in our room rate. This hotel is in walking distance from the Dunkin Donuts Center, the Convention Center, and the Providence Place Mall. Our next overnight in Providence will be at the Hilton.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JMR5122
Metro NYC
Reviewed November 30, 2009

The hotel is conveniently located downtown and is easy to reach. My two main issues were the condition of the room and the room service. The mattress in our particular room was extremely worn and uncomfortable- not what you expect from the Hilton chain. The room was also not quite up to the Hilton standards with regards to cleanliness. The other issue was I placed an order to have room service delivered upon our arrival and extra towels in the room. The towels never came and the chocolate covered strawberries had at least one with mold (I didn't check the rest after I found the moldy one). I tried calling guest services and the front desk to report this but noone answered. I left a message on the guest services line and never received a response.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
ColinRice, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, December 1, 2009
Thank you for letting me know about this. Clearly unacceptable and I will be taking the appropriate action to correct this.
New England
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Booked this hotel due to its proximity to the RI convention center. We booked two rooms for six people over a month in advance. The hotel is easy to get to, has decent rooms (a little small), and is very clean. We did have an issue checking in. First, our rooms were not ready despite being there an hour after their check in time. They did not have any rooms next to each other despite having booked them under the same name a month in advance, and they could not provide us with the appropriate bedding (they only one room with two beds and the other had a king bed). They did provide us with a cot, but to me that is not what we paid for. I usually don't complain about hotels and usually think people are overly picky in their reviews, but in this case I was disappointed, mostly because booked in advance and were their in due time. Still, it's fairly cheap and in a good location for the mall, convention center, pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
ColinRice, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, November 18, 2009
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We will be looking at our procedures for assigning rooms, and see what we need to do to prevent this from happening again.
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed November 11, 2009

In Providence for a conference at the Convention Center, and as a HHonors member, we chose the Hilton mainly for its location. Just a block and a half from the convention center (and convenient to many downtown hot spots. Also, it couldn't be easier to access the hotel from I-95. Practically drive off the of the offramp an into the parking lot. Staff, particularly the doorman, was extremely helpful, both unloading and reloading luggage. He even offered to retrieve my car as i was waiting in line to pay for the $20 parking fee at checkout. Classy! Also, yes, they do charge for internet, but they must have been in great moods at the desk, as they comped ours for the stay.
Rooms were adequately sized, but not huge. The two beds were listed as full but seemed smaller than that. Used to two queen beds i guess. Not a deal breaker, just odd. I did pick up a sort of musty smell in the hallways. Again, not horrible, just not what i expect fro m Hilton. The last few Hamptons i've stayed in seemed to have been cleaner. There was some noise. You could hear neighbors pretty clearly...at least they didnt stay up late. And our HVAC unit like a train coming through, each time it would kick on. Every 20 minutes our so. It would be nice if they could muffle it a bit. Finally, yes, the convenience shop is tiny, and the simple little amenities were not available. I needed a bottle opener and couldn't find one anywhere. I couldn't have been the first person that needed a bottle opener! Anyway, more nit-picky than anything. I enjoy Hiltons and will return. As usual, the beds/pillows are incredibly comfortable. Sometimes that alone makes for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
ColinRice, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, November 13, 2009
Thank you for the feedback. Great to hear the comments about the team that works here. We will clearly work on the HVAC issue you mentioned, and ensure our gift shop to stocked appropriately. Again thank for taking the time to me know about your experience.
South Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed October 29, 2009

This is what you expect from a Hilton. There were many pros to this hotel with little cons.

The pros,
Location - Near both Federal Hill, and the financial district (walkable to everything)
Service - The front desk staff was great. Answered all of our questions with a smile. I really have to praise the door man as well. He was great with both directions and always asking to help.
Room - Nice and clean room

The cons
Pool was tiny
No free internet
Parking was $20/night

Overall a good experience and would come here again if I was to go back to providence.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed October 19, 2009

As you would expect from a Hilton the location was good, the rooms were nice but nothing special.

We would stay here should we ever visit Providence again

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple