1,360 results
All reviewsfederal hillfront deskconvention centerdunkin donuts centerbreakfast buffetself parkwithin walking distanceroom serviceparking garageconvenient locationper dayrhode islandbusiness tripbrown universitydowntown areashulavalet
Reviewed August 2, 2016

I stayed here for a business conference so I cannot speak to pricing, Staff was okay, the front desk employees were not very friendly overall. The room was very nice and comfortable, and honestly had one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in, personally. Service during our conference was very good, in regards to the catering. The parking garage is a bit silly - if you go lower than the level below the area reserved for valet, you will find yourself walking up the parking garage to enter the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
HiltonProvGM, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! In regards to your comments regarding out front desk staff, I can assure you that is not the norm for our property, as you will see in previous reviews, and this was an outlying occurrence. I do still apologize for the experience you had. That being said, I do appreciate the compliments to our room and our catering staff. I will share all comments with our staff as a learning tool.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next stay at Hilton Providence!

Reviewed August 1, 2016

People at the front desk make or break your stay, anywhere. And this was hotel business at its finest. Upbeat and patient, helpful. As important as price and your room quality. They nailed it.

As it's a Hilton, it's pricey - especially the decent food - way overpriced. So eat somewhere else and enjoy the location and friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our staff and property! We are very proud of our team here and I'm happy you were able to experience their charisma and professionalism first-hand! I'm glad you found our centralized location in the city useful!

Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay at Hilton Providence!

Reviewed July 31, 2016

We booked a last-minute room to escape for a night and hit some local restaurants. This is a nice, clean hotel. Front desk staff is friendly and accommodating. The valet is convenient ($28 versus 25 if you park yourself) and the workers were very professional. Our room was clean, basic, and had a surprisingly nice view of the Providence skyline. No mini fridge; unfortunate if you want to keep some waters or sodas in the room. Bed and linens were comfortable- and lots of pillows which is always appreciated. Good quality bath products in the bathroom, but I didn't use them. Little things needed to be fixed- the faucet in the bathroom was broken, and the shower dripped even when off, and the AC never seemed to get the room very cold, despite being put on high. Not a big deal, but attention to detail is important sometimes. Central location to many things to do- we walked everywhere. Starbucks around the corner was clutch come the following morning. Room price a little high for what the hotel is- but if you need a place within walking distance to numerous Prov destinations- this is a good option.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to have great views (obviously).
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I will pass your compliments to the staff along to them, as it is always beneficial for them to hear how they're doing! I'm glad you found our centralized location so accommodating! We, as staff members, are lucky to have that Starbucks there, too, believe me. I would like to hear about which room you stayed in, so I can reach out to engineering to review some of the issues you had, if you remember the room number. Please contact me directly.

Reviewed July 30, 2016

This Hilton is perfectly located if you are looking for a place to stay during one of the WaterFire weekends! It is literally seconds away from the highway and you can easily walk everywhere! The staff is very friendly and helpful.

This is how I rate a hotel: every hotel gets *** when I enter the building. From here it can earn stars (location, fast and reliable internet, very nice rooms, very helpful staff, view, etc.) or loose stars (bad room, not clean, slow or unreliable internet, etc.)

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we're happy to be on the better end of your grading system! Additionally, thank you for the compliments to our staff, as they do their very best to make each guest's stay stellar. I will pass your comment along to them!

Reviewed July 29, 2016

Our family stayed at the Hilton Providence in July 2016 for one of my son's lacrosse tournaments. The hotel was very easy to find, with easy access on and off I-95 and walking distance to the Federal Hill area of Providence with great restaurants nearby. With 5 of us in two rooms, I would say the rooms are a decent size with extra space to spread out and were clean. The staff was very friendly and professional. They were very accommodating as we celebrated my youngest son's birthday in the lobby sitting area with family and friends.

The only negatives about our stay: the pool is very small. We had a handful of kids swimming and it seemed like a of kids in the pool. There is also a $25 daily parking fee for using the hotel garage. Your best bet is to splurge for the valet and pay $28 a day. You can call ahead for your car to be waiting for you.

Room Tip: You have to pay for parking ($25/day). Go with the valet ($28/day). You can call ahead and have it waiting.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and congratulations to your son! I'm glad you found or centralized location in the city so accommodating, as well as the size of our guest rooms! Happy Birthday to your youngest!