“Location is perfet to Experience Federal Hill”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Providence

Hilton Providence
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Providence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cranston, Republic of Kiribati
“Location is perfet to Experience Federal Hill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

You are in walking distance to experience the Historical Federal Hill and all of its Dining pleasures. Hotel was clean and staff was very attentive. Gym and Pool was easily accesible with accomodating hours.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We are pleased to ehar you enjoyed our location, service, and the cleanliness of the hotel. We look forward to hosting you when your travel plans bring you back to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Hotel was nice overall. The reason for the poor review is due to my dry cleaning being lost and poor customer service in tracking it back down. In the end the staff found my clothing but it was after the fact and they ended up having to send it to me.

The day after the laundry was supposed to have been completed the staff notified me that the dry cleaner said they had returned my things back to the hotel and that the hotel staff would have to try and determine why they didn't know where it was. As it turns out the hotel never turned the dry cleaning in to the cleaning service and it never even got laundered.

This is the most concerning issue because I visited the front desk 4 times between the day my clothes were supposed to be done and the day I was checking out of the property and going back home (out of state). If my clothes hadn't ever left the hotel why did it take 2 full business days to track down and why did the dry cleaning service say they had cleaned them. Mistakes happen and can be looked past, but the front desk staffs lack of concern for my time table and their refusal to admit to their mistake make me leery to ever stay at this property again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel but are disappointed we fell short on the delivery of your laundry.

I researched what transpired and we honestly made a mistake. Unfortunately and most disturbing is the inconvenience we caused to you. We use an outside service for the guest dry cleaning, and we failed to get this to the service provider.

Please accept our apologies. We appreciate your business and woudl like to discuss this with you if you have the time.

pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel is located in a great location close within walking distance to restaurants and attractions. Also, very close within driving distance to CT where i had to travel for work. The room was very clean and the staff was very helpfull.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about the staff. We are thrilled to hear you had an excellent experience.

Our location next to the Dunkin Donuts Center, and a couple of blocks to Federal Hill makes the Hilton a popular hotel. Thanks again, and we look forward to hosting you soon.
Baltimore, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I tried to get a room at the Omni but it was booked the night I needed. This Hilton is a little dated. Not a value. Staff openly argued in the lobby. "Don't worry about me. Just do your job." kept flying back and forth between the two. Hallways looked dark and the doors had clear scars from being retro fitted with card keys.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank your for the opportunity to host you on your recent trip to Providence. We are disappointed your experience was less than stellar. We have looked into what transpired with the argument you spoke of and it has since been addressed.

Our apologies for having you leave feeling it was just an average hotel experience. We hope we are afforded the opportunity to host you again in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business and was well located for both business and pleasure. A short walk to the shopping mall with a great food court. Service good in the hotel but even though I am a Hilton Honors member and based on the 14th floor, the noise from the elevators was deafening! Although I was offered a room move, this was not convenient and checking with my other colleagues, they heard the same noise from different parts of the hotel. Starbucks next door which is a plus but closing at 6pm is slightly strange!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Uk1010
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is great to hear that the location met your business and personal needs.

We apologize for any noise you experienced due to the elevators. Although I cannot explain why this occurred during your stay we have taken the steps to review what may have caused this issue for you and your colleagues.

Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Connecticut, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton the night before the Providence Marathon, and it turned out to be a very good location. It's about a 5 minute walk to the race start, but far enough away that you'll have no problem leaving the hotel with a car even when the streets are closed for the race. The hotel is also very close to the highways, Providence Place and there is a Starbucks adjacent to the hotel.

The hotel itself is nothing special. It's a little tired in all respects, and I wouldn't recommend a stay here for a "special occasion." My room had a hint of an odor that was probably covering cigarette/smoke smell. It didn't bother me enough to change rooms, but was nonetheless a small annoyance. My room was quiet and the shower was pretty good- plenty of hot water and decent water pressure.

The service clerk who checked me in was very friendly and offered me complimentary bottles of water.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the elevators are probably quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us prior to the marathon. Our location makes us a very popluar choice for the runners each year.

Our apology for the less than desirable smell in your room. We take pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and your experience is the exception rather than the rule. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to host you again soon.

Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed here for a conference that was going on down the street at a different hotel. I decided to go with this hotel because it had good deals for their rooms.

This hotel is in a good location and near the heart of Providence. It's also right off the interstate exit which makes it easy. The rooms were typical of a Hilton. Very clean and has the basic essentials. The restaurant has a great buffet style breakfast, and it looked like it had a nice lunch/dinner menu. They also have a Starbucks within the building of the hotel (entrance outside the hotel) which is great.

Service was not too bad. The girl at the front desk on the second day I was there was very friendly, and extended my time in their parking garage so I wouldn't have to pay more to park my car which was nice. Overall it was a good business stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the interstate side of the hotel because of noise. Get one facing toward the down...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciated the opportunity to host you while in town for a conference. It is great to hear the the location worked well for you and you were able to enjoy the service provided by our staff.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.