“Perfect experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Perfect experience”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I only stayed 1 night at the Hilton for my short visit in Providence. I wasn't expecting anything special, but was pretty blown away by how professional and friendly the staff was. The valet guys and our bellhop were extra nice, professional, and helpful. How they treated us was a 5 star experience. My husband said he would expect that a Four Seasons, not a Hilton. Kudos to their managers for a great staff. The front desk was also so friendly and accommodating. The bed was super comfortable and the room was big. When we were leaving, we wanted to get on the road and didn't want to sit down at Shula's to eat. The hostess suggested Nick's on Broadway. Oh my goodness....best breakfast I ever had. Thank you Hilton Providence for a great stay. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We are thrilled to hear that you had a perfect experience. We strive for excellence, and it is great to know that based upon your visit at the Hilton that you will be coming back.

Next time you come to the hotel please join us in Shula's for our "award winning" breakfast buffet, and our signature steaks. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Booked for a night. Requested Double room with extra rollaway bed, but I was told that that's illegal in Providence. They quickly switched to King with extra rollaway, which met my need.

Overall, pretty typical hotel. Room was sizable. Parking fee was reasonable for a city parking. Location was pretty good (albeit Providence is a tiny city). and the rate we paid was excellent.

1 issue however.

Carpet was wet when we checked in. Didn't really smell so maybe it was just water..I couldn't figure out how/why, but I didn't complain since it was in the far corner and we were only staying there for a night.

Woke up the next day and realized my bag next to the full size window was wet presumably from the rain.

Not the best Hilton property I stayed but certainly not the worst. and I think the problem I had was minor and one off. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris C
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and sharing feedback on your experience. We are very sorry for the issue you encountered with water in your room, and we will be sure to have our maintenance team look into it as soon as possible. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay, and accommodations. We hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to the area in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Hilton in Providence was originally a Holiday Inn and perhaps a little marginal when it was a Holiday Inn, but a few years ago it was bought by Hilton and remodeled. We stayed over Thanksgiving weekend because they were offering a good rate and have a parking garage attached. We stayed on the executive floor (14th) and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very nice, the bed excellent, the people at the front desk very accommodating and the gym was good. The location is just across the highway from Federal Hill (the Italian neighborhood) and close to the highway as well as the stores in downtown Providence. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: The executive floor was very nice
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We know that you had several choices when making your travel plans to come to Downtown Providence, and appreciate having had the opportunity to host you.

The Hilton Providence went through a multi-million dollar renovation just a few years ago, and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Having a parking garage located adjacent to the hotel, being within walking distance of Federal Hill, and the level of service provided by our staff makes us the Hilton a popular choice.

Thanks again, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Not usually a Hilton guy, but the price I found online was remarkably cheap. The room was decent, certainly not fancy (the whole place looks a little low-rent) but it was clean and decently sized. The bed was comfortable but showing its age. There was an musty smell- not overpowering but noticeable- which some friends in another room on the floor below had as well. The staff was friendly. The Renaissance over near the state Capitol is in roughly the same price class but is a far better choice in Providence. The Westin is a wiser choice as well, though pricier.

A final note about the Hilton: the Don Shula bar in the lobby level had far more flies than customers.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your posting. We strive for excellence, and fell short of that expectation based upon your experience.

The Hilton Providence is a popular hotel, and we are pleased to hear that you had a great experience with the cleanliness and the service. We hope you allow us the opportunity to host you again when your travel plans bring you back to the Providence area. It would be my pleasure to assist you in making your reservation.

Ledgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Overall it was a typical hotel. The staff made the experience great for us as we did not know the area and what there was the sight see. Great location to wander up the hill to Federal Hill and only a few blocks away from everything else (shops, eating, etc).
The room was sorta tight & the beds were full, not double for sure although we slept comfortably with 2 in a bed - comfortable pillows.
They provided a small fridge upon request which was helpful at no cost.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ckonlyone
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We are pleased to hear that the staff made the experience great for you. Our location is one of, if not the best in DT Providence. It is great that you were able to take advantage of the hotel being so close to Federal Hill, and all the dining options it has to offer.

We look forward to hosting you again soon,

Thanks
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Providence Hilton was a nice hotel, but seemed just a touch below the standards I expect as I almost exclusively stay at one Hilton brand or another. The bed was extremely comfortable, at least I thought so. My wife thought it was like sleeping on a water bed. The bathroom had tired wallpaper and a shower fixture coming out of the wall. There was a shuttle bus, but it only operated in a 2-mile radius and did not service the airport only 8 miles away. There was a breakfast buffet (which we did not eat) but it was priced at a ridiculous $18.95. The location may be hopping during the work week, but on the weekend we visited it was a ghost town. We found a nice place to have breakfast about 10 minutes by foot away. Upon checkout, I found that this Hilton authorized an extra $50 on my card, a first by any Hilton for me. If I was to stay in Providence again, I would find a more competitvely priced hotel closer to dining and activities. For a business stay, this hotel would be just fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for comments. Although you felt the hotel was nice, we are disappointed that your stay was less than exceptional. The Hilton Providence is one of the most popular hotels of choice in DT Providence, and the weekend you were here was one of the rare occasions that the hotel was not full.

We do provide complimetnary shuttle service within a 2 mile radius of the hotel, based upon availability. Being just under 10 miles to the airport, taxi service or renting a car is the best way to get to the hotel.

Thanks for your feedback,
South Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Providence for my birthday weekend. The room was clean, quiet, and had one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in. You certainly can't beat the location! While we were getting ready for dinner, there was a knock at our door. I opened it to find one of the hotel staff with a bottle of Prosecco and a hand written note telling me they hope I have a great birthday. What a wonderful surprise! In an age where no one seems to care about customer service, the Hilton Providence went above and beyond. The following morning they even shuttled us to breakfast and the driver told us to call him when we were done so he could come and pick us up! The staff couldn't do enough for us. Thanks for a fabulous weekend. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your comments. It is great to hear that we helped make your birthday a memorable experience.

We strive for excellence, and our staff truly enjoys taking care of our guest. Thanks for letting us know it was your birthday so we could do something extra for you! We look forward to hosting you again soon, and appreciate that you took the time to share your experience.