“Great Business Stay”

Hilton Providence
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Providence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had a great overnight stay here for business.

Though not spectacular like the big-city Hiltons, the hotel and rooms were in good shape and clean.

The by-far-best thing about this hotel is the staff. From Manny at the front door, to the desk staff, to Pedro and Dave in the shuttle. I really enjoyed interacting with them and they were incredibly helpful, solicitous, and courteous during my brief stay. So thanks, guys!

The little pool is cute, though I didn't have time to use it, I wish I did. The fitness center is small, but good enough.

Room service food was delicious and it came quickly. The room service waiter was also great.

Really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments about Pedro, Manny, and Dave. They are thrilled to get see their names on Trip Advisor. I have also shared your feedback about the Front Desk staff, and Room Service with their manager.

We are pelased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to hosting you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Providence

997 - 1,003 of 1,204 reviews

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice newly remodeled rooms with HD tv and super comfy beds. This hotel is in a good location for easy access to Federal Hill and the DD Center. Downtown is just a short walk away. The general area around the hotel is next to some major highways which can be an issue for some people but also makes the hotel easy to find. Providence is a small city and this hotel is walking distance to just about anywhere you want to go.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your comments about the Hilton Providence. We are glad you enjoyed the location,

Being located right next door to the Dunkin Donuts Center, and just a couple blocks from Federal Hill, makes the Hilton the perfect location for anyone coming to DT Providence. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here recently on business. As I'm Hilton Honors Diamond, I really do prefer to stay at Hilton properties, and this one is no exception. Great service- front desk, bell service, housekeeping, everything was top notch. I had a great view of the city from the 14th floor-ask for an upgrade to the higher floors if you can get it. As they don't have an Executive lounge, I got vouchers for the breakfast in Shula's restaurant, which was great. Rooms were plenty big, clean, beds comfortable. There is also a Starbucks right on the corner, which is convenient. The guys out front will help with directions, restaurant recommendations, and helped me get a cab whenever I needed one. Great location in the city, close to restaurants, shopping, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors for a great view of the city.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton, and for choosing the Hilton Providence on your recent business trip to RI.

Our 14th floor is designated for HHonors members. The views are spectacular, and we are glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for your kind words about the staff service, We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place was OK. The layout of the rooms is good, but the beds are soft, uneven messes. The walls are thin and we could hear hallway noise. Everything was clean, shower pressure nonexistent. The staff was very professional and helpful. Wifi confusing---had to check that we were paying, but it was, so far, free. Nice to be able to walk to places on Federal Hill. $25 for parking is steep and $17 for breakfast is absolutely ridiculous (please see my review of Classic Cafe!)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. While we are pleased to hear the staff was helpful we are disappointed that your stay was just ok. We strive for excellence, and between the internet issue you encountered, and the bed being too soft we fell short of that expectation.

Your experience was definitely the exception rather than the rule. We would like to have the opportunity to host you again, and would welcome a call from you so we can discuss further.

Thanks again, and we hope that you will consider giving us another chance to host you should your travel plans bring you back to the Providence area.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Hilton Hotel on Atwells Avenue is a gem. Plenty of airspace at entry, inviting/logical lobby and Front Desk area, and an expansive but cozy mezzanine with beau coup accommodations.
So Mario met me at the front door for valet/bell service, Juan has driven me 'round town in the courtesy shuttle, and Shula's Restaurant has kept me well-feted despite the fact I'm in town for a conference at another hotel! Go figure? Forgot to mention I arrived here in recovery mode after taking ill on the road. Great place to rest and recuperate! Coming to Providence? Do yourself a favor and reserve some space/time at the Hilton Hotel.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors Guests (Gold +) are put on the Executive Level 14th Floor. Fast elevator, too.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. Mario and Juan are two of our many great associates at the Hotel. It is great to receive the feedback, and I know they will be happy to hear they were recognized on Trip Advisor.

Many of our Shula's 347 guests come from the hotels in the area. We will even pick up anyone wanting to dine with us from the local area.

Thanks again for you posting, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This Hilton is in a great area. The room lived up to Hilton standards. Starbucks coffee outside and around side of building. Mall is a couple of blocks away. Wonderful stay, and look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Don't get rooms on end of floors, they are smaller
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and the location of the hotel. We look forward to your return to the Hilton Providence in the future!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I can't rave enough about my stay there. My room was immaculate and every staff member was exemplary. "My pleasure" was the respnse heard most often. I highly recommend the inhouse restaurant and if you want a wonderful breakfast experience the buffet which I thoroughly enjoyed Saturday morning is among the best I've ever had. I would recommend the Hilton Providence to anyone and will return as soon as possible. Please extend my thanks to all the staff and my specific appreciation to the General Manager.
Sandra Secord

Room Tip: I was on the 11th floor...perfect in every way.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled to hear that your stay was exceptional.

Our Breakfast Buffet, with made to order Omelettes and Belgian Waffles, is one of the reasons it has been designated "Award Winning". Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!