“Service makes the difference”
Review of Hilton Providence

Hilton Providence
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Providence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a total of 10 nights over the last 3years - most recently last weekend. Basically, it's a vanilla downtown Hilton with all of the perks and amenities that you'd expect including a good indoor pool, a full gym and a Starbucks. But, what sets them apart is that every time I've stayed, the service has exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: High and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rubyeveryday
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Providence. We strive for excellence in service, and are pelased to hear we have met that expectation throughout each of your stays with us.

Thanks again, look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed for one night to attend a cheering competition. The proximity to the Convention Center is great--a two minute walk, at most. The hotel was clean and my girls enjoyed the pool. The men at the parking desk were pleasant and the women at the front desk wished my girls good luck several times. Our room was very nice and the price was much better than the other hotels around. Here's what I will never forget, though. One of our daughters realized halfway home that she forget her blankie. I called the front desk and they had someone check the room---no blankie. We looked through all of our stuff when we got home--still no blankie. I called again and they looked again--still no blankie. At that point, although I figured it was gone, I decided I would drive all the way back and look for myself. I called back one more time to tell them I was coming. I spoke with Evan, the front desk manager. As a dad himself, he said he totally understood and said he would go check the room himself and then would go check the laundry room in case it ended up there. He called back in about 10 minutes and that's where it was. I can not thank Evan enough for going that extra step. My daughter is so appreciative!! We'll be back next year when the new competition season starts again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JenTurieo

Thank you for your kind words. I am sure your daughter was thrilled that Evan was able to locate her blanket. We look forward to hosting you and your daughters during the next Cheerleading competition.

Thanks again,

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed last week and this is a nice hotel. Door man greeted us as we arrived, room was clean and updated. I walked behind hotel and convention center (5 minute walk) to the Mall which was Huge! There is a IMAX and movie theater which I saw a movie and visited the food court. Walked back to hotel and was once again greeted by the door man. Quiet and comfortable and bed was divine. Look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hilton Providence. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Perfect location for someone wanting to get the most out of what Providence has to offer.
Easy walking distance to Federal Hill, Downtown, Brown University.

Plenty of interesting places to spend time, especially when the weather is nice.

Hotel staff are very friendly. Rooms are spotless. They have some kind of funky punch in the lobby that sounds bad but tastes good, especially if you've been out walking the city all day.

Parking is on site....@ $20 a day.....definitely worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel, and the staff. The complimentary beverage we provide in the lobby is infused water. Our Chef's selection of fresh fruit (local, when in season) is combined with Natural Spring water resulting in one of the most refreshing drinks.

Thanks again, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed 2 nites in April 2012 for my son's basketball tournament and to visit another son at an area college. As others have mentioned, its all about location. Several colleges are nearby and there is easy on/easy off access to I-95. Easy walk to restaurants, The Dunk Center, and very large indoor mall. Ask at the desk for discount coupons to area restaurants. The staff is very friendly and eager to help.

Room - We were on the 11th floor and never had a problem getting an elevator. Room was very clean and well appointed and temp was easily controlled. Room is slightly small but for a city hotel I have no complaints. Bathroom was very clean and towels were plush and plentiful. Only minor issue was bathroom fan is inadequate. After showering the room looked like a steam room. Very minor. There is M-F newspaper delivery and on weekends I saw the NY Times and a Boston paper available for sale at the front desk. I think the Sat. NY Times was $2.50 and they can charge it to your room. The hotel seemed very busy but rooms were quiet.

There is a gym and and indoor pool both of which we saw but did not use. They both looked good.

There is a Starbucks located just outside the Hilton. You literally have to go down a small flight of outdoor stairs. So convenient. There is also excellent coffee in the room to make. The coffee maker is very easy to use and looked pretty new.

While I don't love paying $25/nt to self park, I found the parking garage very convenient and always found a parking space. Also the garage and area surrounding the hotel seemed very safe and well lighted. Once you park at the hotel you don't have to take your car out to shop or eat. Everything you could possible need is in short walking distance. We have stayed in hotels further from downtown Providence and the hassle to go out to eat or shop and park isn't worth it. You think you can save money by staying slightly further away but you really don't save anything in the long run. There is a Hilton shuttle, but we did not use it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Our location, and superior service are two items that are continously recognized by many of our guest. We hope your son chooses to attend one of the great colleges in RI, and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hilton's finest assets are its locations and personnel. I was able to get to every location and get 2 great days of bicycling in to ease the pressures of work. It was one tank of gas to a pleasant clean city.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
douglas_koenig, General Manager at Hilton Providence, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Sounds like you came to Providence while we were enjoying the 80+ degree weather. It is a great City for business and pleasure. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and staff. We look forward to having you come back again soon - more beautiful weather for Providence will be on its way for you to enjoy another bike ride.

Thanks for sharing, and choosing the Hilton Providence!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

A friendly reception staff. Easy self parking. Very convenient location to Federal Hill (Little Italy) restaurants, as well as downtown restaurants and Trinity Theater. A short drive to Brown U and RISD. Breakfast buffet had a good selection and a friendly cook at the egg station.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our location, service, and our award winning breakfast buffet!

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.