All reviewsindia point parkbike pathindian pointhighway sidegreat view of the bayharbor view roomfree parkingbrown universityshort drivethe hotel offersshuttle serviceclose to downtownvery nice hotelhotel shuttledesk clerkwould stay here againcollege visit
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights whilst we visited Providence and toured around the RI/MA area.
The car's satnav found the location first time and there is plenty of (free) parking. Room was fine on the top (6th) floor, aircon worked well. Any queries we had were dealt with at once, and we were particularly grateful to the chap who offered to help us load our cases into car on the last day.
The hotel offers a (free) shuttle bus for guests to take you into town or to a local music concert, or ..... And then it comes along later to pick you up and deliver you back to the hotel. It operates on a first come/first served basis, but we never had to wait more than 10 mins for our ride. The shuttle driver will also recommend local tourist spots - just ask!
Hotel is also convenient for the ferry boat to Newport, and only a short drive to a ferry route to Martha's Vineyard.
All in all, a lovely stay, thank you!

Room Tip: Choose a south facing room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Kathy S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Providence, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear Powislandboy,

Thank you for your 5 star review. With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have exceeded your expectations.

As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Providence. We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Providence.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Our room was fine - with mini-frig, microwave, coffee pot, safe available. We stayed 4 nights but we're not at the hotel very much. We had a pleasant drink at the bar which overlooks India Point Park. The noise of the A/C and the uneven temperature affected the quality of my sleep. When it was on the temp was cooler and when off it got warm and humid (these were very hot days) so constantly taking covers on an off. The location, right off 195 was good for us and it was also easy to go into downtown Providence. It was generally quiet in our room with the exception of a few noisy teenagers but that was minor.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Kathy S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Providence, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear susan 23,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, we value and appreciate your business and feedback. I'm sorry you had to experience our heat wave, I know it isn't always pleasant to be traveling around in heat and humidity. It sounds like you were able to experience some relief on our outdoor deck.

We hope your travels bring you back soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Hotel is not around anything walking distance. If you love the park area this place is for you. Staff is not friendly they make you feel like you are bothering them. I work for IBM I travel weekly this was my first time staying here. I normally stay at other downtown hotels. Breakfast was not included in the rate which sucks!!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank keshamcmillon
Kathy S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Providence, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Dear keshamcmillion,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations.

Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience and continue to make improvements at the hotel.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Had billing issues and a fire alarm that went off from 10pm to 1 am. Breakfast was good and parking was bad. Hotel is located by highway and about ten minute drive from great downtown area. Nice park with water/harbor across street.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear bmuhlbaier,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We value and appreciate our guests and their feedback. I'm so sorry you experienced some billing and fire alarm issues. I hope everything has been corrected for you.

Please know that this feedback will be shared with the team so that we can correct the issues.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

This is undoubtedly the worst Hilton Garden inn at which we ever stayed. Our room was so nasty that when I went from the bathroom tile floor to the shower, you could see the dirt and grime that housekeeping failed to remove. There were also food particles, such as stray peanuts, located in various areas of the room which housekeeping never encountered with the vacuum cleaner. In addition, the water pressure at this hotel is pathetic. If you are a woman with a decent head of hair – meaning not short – it will take you hours to wash her hair at this hotel. By the way, I am a member of Hilton's rewards program, and this is how I was treated. Just imagine how you will be treated if you're not a member of Hilton's program. The parking area is not very extensive. You should not park under the building because it is quite likely your vehicle is going to be scraped by a neighboring vehicle. Don't bother to ask for a quiet room on a high floor which I did. Then Hilton gave us a room that borders the major highway located behind the building. We had a nice view of the dumpster which would awaken us in the wee hours of the morning. There was no hairdryer in the room, and the front desk seemed to be annoyed when I asked them to bring a hairdryer for my wife who was stepping out of their pathetic shower. Good luck if you decide to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Kathy S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Providence, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear JM Turnbow,

At Hilton Garden Inn Providence, we do our best to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. I am truly sorry that we fell short of your expectations and I assure you we will do everything we can to regain your trust on a return visit.