“Best Pizza In Providence”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Gourmet

Pizza Gourmet
Ranked #141 of 798 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Providence, Rhode Island
“Best Pizza In Providence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm a year into Providence as my husband was born & raised here, so I'm always on the lookout for new places to try! I found a Restaurant.com certificate for The Pizza Gourmet in East Providence.
One day we decided to ship off & go...it was a venture finding parking along the area, so we parked a few blocks away fully anticipating dining inside!
Well, there was maybe 8-10 chairs inside, very cramped, We looked at the menu again & it was very difficult to make up our minds...it was filled with combos of every kind, some of which I'd never heard of-Gourmet is the right name for the place!
We settled on TWO pies (we had similar pies at Bob & Timmy's Pizza and they weren't that big, so...)
We "had to spend" $35 for the coupon, so we ordered large! Surprise when they came out!
Enormous & we definitely bit off more than we could chew! We decided to eat a slice or two inside, take the rest home..had to use one table to put the pies on, one to eat on!

I wanted the - QUATTRO MUSHROOM Sm. $11.25 Lg. $19.50
Portabello, crimini, oyster & shitake mushrooms, grilled yellow
onions, chopped tomatoes, whole roasted garlic cloves, Gorgonzola,
truffle oil, fresh ground pepper, Italian parsley - LOTS of whole roasted Garlic cloves! It was phenomenal! I sweat garlic for days after eating this but it was ALL worth it!
The truffle oil on top put this above & beyond ANY mushroom pizza I've tasted!

My husband ordered - MARGARITA Sm. $10.50 Lg. $18.95
Sliced beefsteak tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil pesto, fresh
ground pepper, fresh basil, balsamic essence I thought this would be a little bland, but that Balsalmic glaze abundantly drizzled over the top made this pizza OVER the top! It was amazing!

We had plenty to take home & share & even had some left over 2 days after our visit!
Some people may balk on the prices (as I did see when we were waiting) but you get what you pay for & more!
Some of the best thin-crust pizza you'll ever taste! It was well worth it with the coupon, and certainly worth it paying full-price, too!
We will definitely be back for more soon!

• Visited September 2012

“Flavor exploration!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

Here you will find a refreshing array of styles toppings to explore. We enjoy trying one specialty Pizza and a build your own option for each visit. It's more expensive than other pizza joints but you are getting more than your moneys worth in each visit!

Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“Outstanding...true to its name, GOURMET!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Fire grilled crusts, unreal toppings, cheese blends to die for. Absolute pizza perfection. BBQ chicken is my #1 Never mind their catering menu..simply put the food that comes out of this place is top notch.

• Visited September 2011
Ridgeley, West Virginia
“Wonderful Variety of Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

We visited the Pizza Gourmet not knowing what to expect. It's right in the Brown University community. It's a very small, intimate place with about a dozen seats. It is full of bright and cheery colors. Much of their business is "take and bake" where they get the pizza ready for you to take home and bake yourself. We ate the pizza there. While they sell it by the slice, we wanted some leftovers to take back to the hotel. The price was good for a real pizza place. The variety was unbelievable. We ordered one white thick crust and one thin wheat. On the white crust we got mozzarella cheese. On the wheat we ordered asiago cheese. Definitely go with the asiago (that's what they recommended.) We were thrilled with the pizza and it was even good the next day after sitting out in our hotel room, LOL. Our son said it was a very "hip" place. He plans to go back.

• Visited September 2011