“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: College Hill
Neighborhood: College Hill
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Great flan and sopaipilla!

Great location and super friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for Gordito Burrito

Reviewed March 15, 2008

I want to report a scam at Gordito Burrito on Thayer Street. Gordito Burrito is a very inexpensive place to eat. I got a large burrito and a drink for $7.50. I gave the clerk $8 in cash--one $5 and three $1s. He sort of took the cash with both hands and kind of crumpled it together, and then asked me for 50 cents. I told him I gave him $8, and he said I only gave him $7, wherein he held it out in front of me. I looked down on the counter below his hands, and there was a pile of $1 bills.

So this clerk is getting a dollar tip every time someone pays with cash. Which is frequent, I would think, since the food is so cheap there.

Please beware if you eat there, check the counter before handing over cash, and hand bills one at a time!

1  Thank dreampolice061