“Small Neighborhood Restaurant w Interesting Menu Items”
Review of Ivy Tavern

Ivy Tavern
Ranked #140 of 814 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed January 21, 2014

A friend mentioned that he wanted to try this relatively new neighborhood restaurant, so I looked at the menu online and was intrigued my some of the menu items. Atmosphere is a little more of a sandwich shop feel than tavern, but a wrap around bar lends to the tavern image. Servers were friendly (bartender and waitress gave prompt greetings). I tried the Accidental Purist: garden burger with apples, brie, caramelized onions-YUM! Prices are moderate-averaging around $10. Was tempted by the Bibimbap- a Korean dish that looks a little out of place next to fish and chips and Pork sandwiches, but will have to try that next time. Seating by the door is drafty, look for one of the rear tables. Nice little place, well worth a visit!

There are newer reviews for Ivy Tavern

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We had eaten here many times since they Originally opened....great food on regular menu as well as outstanding nightly specials. We were disappointed when they closed last winter and just recently stopped by...same name, somewhat same menu with addition of Asian dishes & ingredients but sadly we were unaware it had been sold. We waited 35 minutes for a burger with cold fries & the driest overcooked tasteless cod with sticky rice & soggy veggies! We also had wine in very small unfilled glasses. We wish the original owners good luck & will not be returning. But on a good note the Kitchen Bar across the street is excellent.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The beer selection isn't huge but the food was outstanding! I love the fish and chips closest to London style I've had this side of the pond!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After a weekend of hard work around the house and entertaining friends Saturday evening neither one of us felt like cooking, so we looked online for a new place to grab a bite. The Ivy Tavern on Hope Street was a place we never tried so we thought we would give it a shot.

We arrived a little after opening on Sunday and found that we had the place to ourselves. The beer selection is not the greatest, but there are enough draft and bottle choices that you should be able to find a style that you like.

We decided to start off with an order of the Point Judith mussels. They were tender and flavorful. The broth they were cooked in was wonderful. A little spicy, but not hot. Lots of garlic but not so much that you would offend anyone. A great starter for the two of us. And the fact that you can order either a small or large portion was another plus.

I had the eight ounce burger with mushrooms, Swiss and a side of garlic fries. The burger was juicy and cooked to perfection. I would have enjoyed having a few more mushrooms, especially for the dollar up-charge, but it was still a good burger. The garlic fries were not bad. The overcooked garlic took away from what would have been a perfect dish. My sweetheart had the fish sandwich which I decided against as I did not think that bacon on fish was the way to go. I WAS WRONG. She got a huge piece of haddock with not too thick batter cooked to perfection. And the bacon added so much to the sandwich. Next time I am going for that.

The place has new owners and they have added some hot and spicy Korean dishes to the menu. The waitress/bartender said they were very popular and that we should give them a try sometime.

I recommend giving them a try.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Ivy has arguably one of the best pub burgers. They offer great specials (Mac and Cheese with lobster meat, or fish sandwich with chipotle) and have a tortellini with vegetables that most people can't finish in one sitting. Friendly, low key; a great place to meet friends. A favorite.