“Delicious food on Federal Hill.”

Geppetto's Grilled Pizzeria
Ranked #436 of 832 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Geppetto's is located in Depasquale Square, Providence's only outdoor dining plaza. Visit our website and select "Cooking Classes" to book a Culinary adventure or join us for a casual meal anytime.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Excellent grilled pizza and a plentiful tasty salad for under $25 on Federal Hill. White Sangria pitchers will run you a hefty $25 however. Service was good on a nice patio in the square. Parking is hard to find so plan ahead.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I live 45 minutes away but we make the trip for the grilled pizza.....During nice weather months you can sit outside..The square has great atmosphere...We go even during cold weather months....The pizza is so good that you don't mind sitting inside...Staff and service are also a plus.....The grilled pizza is as thin and crunchy as a potato chip...Go if you are a pizza lover...

1  Thank plpl
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Purchased a groupon to take a grilled pizza making class here. They set you up on long tables with other people which is nice for socializing and teach you how to make pizza dough (which they don't use to make the pizza but instead let you take home to make your own pizza). The instructor was friendly, and informative she walked us though each step of making the dough and then cooked an example pizza in front of us to show us how it's done.
The five course dinner that follows was good, I'm not a fan of calamari but besides that I enjoyed the other courses.
I wouldn't say this place is the best, I've had better grilled pizza but I would say that the cooking class makes for a unique night out.

1  Thank Lizzabs
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were fortunate to be gifted a fun day at a cooking class at Geppetto's. We went to the grilled pizza class. You got to make dough, but didn't actually do the cooking. A lot of good tips. The teacher was really funny and informative. The class was very crowded, too crowded. The instructor made two pizzas and shared them with the class. An "A" for the class.

You then had had five course meal. Family style shared plates of salad, calamari, penne, a pizza and tiramisu. There was adequate food for a lunch, but barely. The calamari was the only dish I would order on a return visit. I am certain that there would be other good dishes, but we were given what they selected, just not my favorites. A "C" for the food.

We went with a group of 8. Fun with a large group.

Overall, I would go again, for another class, but not for the quality of the food. Just too many other places in the Federal Hill area.

1  Thank henry21_7
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A friend and I stopped in for a late lunch on a Wednesday. The food was exceptional, pizza was great and the pasta was bursting with flavor, but service was slow with almost no follow up. I am guessing the waitress must have been new, it is not like she was busy nor did it seem like she was ignoring us. It just seemed like she was unsure on what to do. I will be back here again and again

1  Thank Faloughi