“Fun cooking class”

Ranked #414 of 809 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Geppetto's is located in Depasquale Square, Providence's only outdoor dining plaza. Visit our website and select "Cooking Classes" to book a Culinary adventure or join us for a casual meal anytime.
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Fun cooking class”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Purchased a groupon to take a grilled pizza making class here. They set you up on long tables with other people which is nice for socializing and teach you how to make pizza dough (which they don't use to make the pizza but instead let you take home to make your own pizza). The instructor was friendly, and informative she walked us though each step of making the dough and then cooked an example pizza in front of us to show us how it's done.
The five course dinner that follows was good, I'm not a fan of calamari but besides that I enjoyed the other courses.
I wouldn't say this place is the best, I've had better grilled pizza but I would say that the cooking class makes for a unique night out.

1 Thank Lizzabs

new jersey
“The whole package is very good”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were fortunate to be gifted a fun day at a cooking class at Geppetto's. We went to the grilled pizza class. You got to make dough, but didn't actually do the cooking. A lot of good tips. The teacher was really funny and informative. The class was very crowded, too crowded. The instructor made two pizzas and shared them with the class. An "A" for the class.

You then had had five course meal. Family style shared plates of salad, calamari, penne, a pizza and tiramisu. There was adequate food for a lunch, but barely. The calamari was the only dish I would order on a return visit. I am certain that there would be other good dishes, but we were given what they selected, just not my favorites. A "C" for the food.

We went with a group of 8. Fun with a large group.

Overall, I would go again, for another class, but not for the quality of the food. Just too many other places in the Federal Hill area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank henry21_7
Providence, Rhode Island
“Fantastic pizza”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A friend and I stopped in for a late lunch on a Wednesday. The food was exceptional, pizza was great and the pasta was bursting with flavor, but service was slow with almost no follow up. I am guessing the waitress must have been new, it is not like she was busy nor did it seem like she was ignoring us. It just seemed like she was unsure on what to do. I will be back here again and again

1 Thank Faloughi
New England
“Fun cooking class , followed by great dinner!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Some friends of ours received the cooking class as a gift and invited us along. Overall, the class was fun and informative and we enjoyed thE 5 course meal following the class.

I was a bit surprised that the class was in a portion of the dining room, but it didn't present a problem . There were 11 of us in the class, learning how to make tHe "mother sauces" which is Geppetto's base sauce for several other sauces. The instruction was clear with all the ingredients ( already measured) available. I've been to several cooking classes where you watch a cooking instruction. It was nice to participate in making the sauce, and being able to take our "mother sauce" home to try some of the other recipes that our instructor cooked and allowed us all a taste.

The class was simple, but informative. We received recipes for the sauce that we made as well as to the 3 additional sauces that the instructor made from the base sauce.
After class, we'll sat down to a 5 course meal ,where we got to sample their fried calamari (excellent, although I would have preferred it served more pepper rings, not marinara sauce. The salad and dressing was very tasty. The pasta ( the 3 types of sauces made in class) was excellent. There was enough for everyone at the table to have a s,all portion of each. Then, we were provided with two types of pizza, ( cheese and vegetarian, with numerous veggies and feta cheese as toppings); delicious. Last, each had a piece of tiramisu for dessert , which was delicious! I'm not a big tiramisu fan, but this was about the best I've had with lots of cream , just the right amount of "cake" , and not overpowered by coffee or coffee flavor.

Overall, our experience was enjoyable, delicious and fun. If there were more people in the class, I think it would have been too crowded.

1 Thank brebeans
Barrington, Rhode Island
“It's ok.... We had a cool cooking class”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Not the best on the area, but great for a quick pizza and a beer. It's located in the courtyard on the hill and "safe" but not spectacular. Head to Caserta's for the best pizza.

Visited October 2012