“Grilled Pizza, Outdoor Seating and Good Sangria”

Geppetto's Grilled Pizzeria
Ranked #437 of 836 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Geppetto's is located in Depasquale Square, Providence's only outdoor dining plaza. Visit our website and select "Cooking Classes" to book a Culinary adventure or join us for a casual meal anytime.
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Sitting outside you will have a great view of DePasquale Sq. The pizza is good and the Sangria even better. Good for a dinner out with friends or family. I usally prefer to visit during the summer, because of the outdoor seating. The inside is somewhat small. Overall, I think I return because of it's location and atmosphere more than for their pizza. Son't get me wrong, good grilled pizza, but I stick to my town's pizza establishments.

2  Thank jantonelli81

Reviewed April 24, 2012

What a fun time! We attended the mother sauce class this past Sunday and it was great! From start to finish with the class to the 5 course dinner it was fabulous, pasta was perfect as well as calamari and pizza's and the tiramissou was just out of this world and the best thing was we came home with a new recipe which we experimented with and was great. Hope they offer other classes as this was great and we will definetly be back to dine.

4  Thank 1963Laurie
Reviewed April 11, 2012

You should run not walk away from this place this is the worst pizza anywhere gives pizza a bad name I just hope the owners are not Italian because there ancestors would be very unhappy. Worst ever

1  Thank Calcestto
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The reviews for this place were very mixed. I sometimes go with my intuition. This place had a good feeling just walking by it. It is not beautiful or elegant but the food was very good. I had the chicken soup with tortellini, BBQ chicken pizza, and a caesar salad.

I was impressed with the food quality. The grilled pizza was in the league of Wolfgang Puck's BBQ pizza, maybe even better. For the money, this place has great food and excellent service. There are many expensive and fancy restaurants in this area of Federal Hill.

The soup and salad were homemade as were the fresh ingredients on my pizza. If you don't mind the uninspiring and lackluster decor this is a great place.

Pros: price, quality food, fresh, unpretentious
Cons: kinda homey, cutesy, and cluttered

3  Thank Newman019
Reviewed January 13, 2012

had a great time learning to make dough & grill pizza. We had a 5 course dinner after that class, part of the Groupon deal, and it was fantastic.

4  Thank Ruth C