“By the time I got my food I didn't care if it was any good”

Geoff's Superlative Sandwiches
Ranked #67 of 827 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: College Hill
Neighborhood: College Hill
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were referred here by a local and had the misfortune to go there on buy one, get one Tuesday. It took 20 minutes to get to the front of the line. Then it took another 20 minutes to get our sandwiches. The next 10 people behind us in line had their food and had left by the time I sat down to eat. They want you to think that the music and the 'atmosphere' somehow make up for the incredibly slow pace of some of the employees and the questionable cleanliness. There is an old TV set in the wall right over where the guy was preparing our food and the plastic gloves are in it but it is dusty and so as people went in it to get gloves I had visions of the dust settling on my food. A CAN of LUKEWARM soda is $2! I will allow that the menu is extensive, but who cares when the food takes longer to get than at a fine restaurant? You could not pay me to return on any day of the week, let alone buy one, get one day.

1  Thank travelgirl88

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The sandwiches are huge and delicious and free pickles! Plus the staff are crazy funny and friendly. We were visiting Providence and they practically led us by the hand to a great picnic spot. Great food, great people. What a sandwich shop should be!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have not been to this sandwich shop in years. I stopped in on 1-6-2014. The food was and still is very tasty. The problem is that I had a chicken salad sandwich with lettuce, tomato and hot peppers. I was persuaded to add cheese which I knew wood be an additional charge. The sandwich, a small bag of chips and a can of Diet Coke came to over eleven dollars. I think that is ridiculous. There are other sandwich shops around town where you could get similar for less money! There menu has taken on a life of its own and has increased beyond belief. It is to large!!! I don't believe I am the only one who feels that way. I stopped in at about 12:30pm and the place was empty. The last time I was there several years ago, it was packed and more fairly priced. I won't stop there again due to cost!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

All you could ask of a sandwich shop - overstuffed sandwiches, well-made with fresh ingredients, unlimited pickles, some interesting soda choices, and friendly efficient staff.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you'll tired of the same old sandwich choices, this is the place for you. It's got that classic college town vibe and a colorful cast of characters making the sandwiches and the choices are amazing! Not only will you enjoy what you eat, the entertainment is worth a visit as well. Nothing fancy - no attitude. Just plain good eats.