“Best on the Hill!”
Review of Siena Restaurant

Siena Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Siena Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 800 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Description: Brothers Anthony and Chris Tarro own all three restaurants in the Siena Restaurant Group. Located in the heart of Providence's Federal Hill, Siena Restaurant was opened in 2005 and features authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. While the brothers were raised in Warwick, R.I., Their family has deep roots in the Italian-American community on Federal Hill making it the perfect location for their first restaurant. Come find out why Siena has received Rhode Island Monthly's "Best Restaurant in RI" award for the last two years. Enjoy casually elegant dining with menu selections including a wide variety of grilled steaks, seafoods, and veal entrees along with numerous signature pasta & saute dishes. Reservations accepted. Complimentary valet parking.
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Best on the Hill!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have been to Siena and it's sister restaurant in East Greenwich on several occasions. Our group of 8 people arrived at 6:30 pm on a really cold Friday night to find a packed house. Our table was the only one left in the rear room.

It was "restaurant week" in Providence and sometimes the special menus don't represent the restaurant very well. This was not the case. The smaller menu was varied and portions did not seem smaller even given the special $29.99 price for a three course dinner.

The quality of the food across the table was excellent. With a glass of wine and coffee, the tab averaged $50 with tip included. However, this was restaurant week, so you will likely spend more for a typical meal. But on this night, the value was excellent.

Service was just okay. I am seeing a trend on the hill of younger, inexperienced, servers who don't know the menu very well. They can recite the specials, but that is about it. Courses were paced well and somebody filled up your water glass. Did not feel rushed at all even though there was a line of people waiting for tables as we left.

I have been just about everywhere on the hill except for a couple of the newer places.

Siena and Pane e Vino are about the best for fine dining.
Pastiche (for desserts) may be the best take on the hill
Angelo's for inexpensive Southern Italian

• Visited January 2013

“Excellent overall!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Dinner with friends was intimate and delicioius. This is one of Providence's "Restaurant Week"s so we had the ability to order prix fix or from the regular menu. (Although it was either/or which didn't present a problem but I can see where it might. If not everyone wanted the prix fix then no one could have it). We began with an order of the excellent Involtini de Melanzane followed by selections of Caprese, Caesar and the bibb lettuce Melagrane. (We were six people). The Tagiliatelle alla Bolognese was a real delight, a lovely blend of carne that was light and delicious. The salmon was extraordinary. Definitely a great place to go!

Boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bellisimo!!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Beautiful decor with an ambiance of comfort, this is the place to go. It has an ample bar area and spacious layout for dining. The staff is outstanding, friendly and knowledgeable and added to our experience. We were there for a friend's birthday, each ordered our own dishes but then shared them with each other and ended up ordering additional plates of food. Definitely one of the best restaurants in Providence and they have a great selection of wines. We all agree, we'd definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for that scrumptious meal.

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Phenomenal Place to eat!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I had been here for lunch before, but never for dinner. Well, when the restaurant we were supposed to go to canceled our reservation, we decided to see if we could get into Siena. Surprisingly, we were able to get a quickly get a seat because of the inclement weather (not many people were out to eat). BE WARNED, this was a very rare occasion and typically you MUST make a reservation here if you want to get in on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. The interior design is very fancy and overall quite romantic. If you are looking for somewhere to bring your date or special someone heres the place! As for the food, it was EXCELLENT. Eggplant, calamari, and caprese salad appetizers were wonderful. I consider myself a calamari expert and I must say this place had some of the best I've had in a while. All main courses are probably great, personally I'd recommend a pasta dish. Seasonal specials all sounded divine. I need not go any further. The prices are alright; you could easily drop close to $300 for a party of 4. Don't let that stop you though, if you have never been before, try Siena, I guarantee you won't regret it.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank AustintoBoston
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Way above expectations for Italian”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I almost never go out for Italian food, since I can make it at home. But everything I've ever ordered at Siena has been spectacular. I've never even tried anything off the menu because the specials always sound so delicious. I've been here with my parents as well as on dates, and every time I've been pleased with the service and the atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012