“Rip off”

Neighborhood: College Hill
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Rip off”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a joke this place is. They clearly think that they are a NYC bar with the outrageous prices that they charge. There are No prices on the menu so you only see how much they are ripping you off when they bring you the bill. $18 martinis? Really? $12.50 for a piece of cake that has been sitting out for who knows how long? Insulting.

4 Thank christine1cranston

Providence, Rhode Island
“Mouse and the idiot!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Decided to try L'Elizabeth's tonight for a drink and dessert after my friend told me good things about it (all in the summer)...BAD choice! We got there at 12:30 and they closed at 1:00 so we were told last call, is that ok? We said no problem...I ordered a martini and piece of tiramisu and Ryan a Jamaican coffee...the waitress brought us the tiramisu and asked Ryan is he wanted a piece on "her" He said no thanks, we will share...when we finished the waiter took the plate looking at us strangely...We then saw a MOUSE run across the floor and I said something to the waitress and laughed saying "it happens, we have then where I work too!" She then said we can leave. We looked at her confused and I said because I told you I saw a mouse? (At this time there were 4-6 other people in the place!) She said no because he called me an "IDIOT" and I heard him...the two of us looked at her confused and I said what are you talking about? She then called the guys in and from reading the above comments I believe one of them is the blonde crackhead...he then yelled and spit in my face to get the F... out of there...I tried asking him what the problem was and I just got yelled at and spit in the face! DO NOT go there!! SERVICE is HORRIBLE.....and I refused to pay!

• Visited November 2012
8 Thank stefanie c
West Hartford, Connecticut
“this place should be avoided at all costs”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A friend and I had a jaw-droppingly bad experience there on a recent visit to Providence. When we were about to order, we asked the bartender/waiter the price of the hot rum and martini we were thinking to order (the menu hsd no prices) and when we were told $14.50 and $18 respectively. When I revealed some surprise at the cost, the server said, "This is an expensive bar. You girls won't be comfortable here. Why don't you leave?"
Really??? As a lawyer and a doctor, the two of us are a few decades past any possible polite description as " girls". And even in our rowdiest days at Brown, were never kicked out of a bar. This was shocking.

• Visited November 2012
12 Thank Dina F
“Hospitality at it's finest.”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

They gave us 3 extra shots per drink, they gave us free tiramisu, the drinks were fantastic, they gave us a free ride back to our car, and at the end they gave us free wine spritzers. I'm from Minnesota and felt like I was staying with family.

Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“You gotta stop in”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Emma was simply outstanding! It's really a comy eclectic atmosphere, nice music, super service and lots of great and unique drinks in addition to all the standard. This is now my favorite little bar in Providence.

Visited June 2012