Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Providence(Providence)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Dolce Villa(Providence)
1,392 results
All reviewsmasonic templestate housethe club loungefront deskcapitol buildingbeautiful hotelvalet parkingcheesecake factoryrhode islandamtrak stationvalet staffcoffee makerroom was largebrown universitymini fridgeking bedfederal hill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is the second time staying here for work. It convenvient to the office and there are plently of things to do downtown in the evening. The rooms are spacious and comfy, all rooms have a mini frig which is a nice bonus. The buliding has an unique history and is located right next to the state capital. The staff is super friendly, the club lounge is relaxing and food is very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank-you for discovering our hotel and we appreciate your repeat loyalty. We truly appreciate your valuable feedback and it will be my pleasure to share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Across from Capital building and up the street from Providence Place Mall. Remodeled Madonic Temple. Nice rooms. Excellent Service. Easy walk to shopping, good restaurants, Federal Hill. Stayed on a Saturday. Only drawback was that Lounge was closed until 7pm for a Private Function. During the PGA US Open! Odd

• Stayed: June 2013
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank-you for discovering our hotel and your wonderful comments. We do look forward to you having more time on your next visit to discover Providence and more of our hotel. Public Restaurant and Bar was booked until 7pm for a private function so I apologize that you were not able to visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family came up for a wedding this past weekend than the Renaissance blew away our expectations! Everything from a light lunch to an exeptions staff made this the perfect destination. The wedding recepetion was held there as well and was perfect. Honestly i never thought of Providence as being a destination but i cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank-you for discovering our hotel and it is fabulous that we blew away your expectations! We look forward to your next visit when you can discover more about what makes our hotel and our city such a unique destination.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went to Providence for a weekend en famille. Nice town to wander about for a couple of days, although it's surprisingly rough in parts so keep your eyes open.

This hotel is a ten minute walk to "downtown" and is a relatively new property which is directly opposite the Rhode Island State House, which looks like a mini-White House. Actually, thinking about it, I have never seen the White House for real, so maybe it's the same size.
In any case it's worth getting a room with a view of it as (a) it's an impressive piece of architecture and (b) there's a highway behind the hotel so I imagine that's the other option.
The rooms were good quality, standard issue modern hotel rooms. Bathrooms were well fitted out, AC didn't make noise. The walls did seem a little thin, or alternatively we were unlucky with loud neighbours.
The breakfast was good, not gourmet eating but everything you'd expect. Service was by some young and well intended staff, so it was patchy but not irritatingly so.
What was irritating, though, was that the hotel leave the "tip" section in the bill, even though they have already added 20% service PLUS $3.50 "delivery charge"...probably more than calling a local pizza joint...in fairness to the lady who brought the food, she tried to accomodate that we ordered for a child and didn't hit us for the adult price.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view of the State House
1  Thank fearanti
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank-you for your observations and it is wonderful that you were able to discover our city and our hotel. We look forward to a future visit with your family when you have additional time to discover more of what makes Providence such a special place to visit. In response to your In Room Dining observation, there is a line for additional gratuity on the guest check, this is strictly optional and your choice if you felt the staff performed above and beyond the service charge that is provided to the staff member.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was in Providence to get my daughter checked-in to the Brown Univeristy Summer Program and I knew that I was going to need some help coordinating logistics upon arrival, so I chose the Renaissane because I thought they would be the best equipped to offer assistance. Boy was I right! They were unbelievably helpful. -- From picking up a large package for me at the mall before my arrival, to allowing my very early check-in and very late check-out -- the staff at this hotel went above and beyond!

A special thank you to Chris, who walked several blocks to pick up the box from Bed Bath and Beyond for me and having it ready at the hotel when I arrived. Also, thanks to Bianca for letting me have an extra late check-out so that I didn't have to wait at the airport for 5 hours. And thanks to all the front desk staff for your great directions, suggestions and assistance with the range of little errands I had to get done in a short period of time.

If you are traveling to Providence RI, I would strongly recommend this hotel. Aside from the staff being great, the hotel is attractive and rooms very comfortable. You really can't go wrong.

1  Thank GingerCharlotte

Thank-you for your wonderful feedback and I also did receive your voicemail communication. It is wonderful you took the time to recognize both Chris and Bianca. Please be assured that we will celebrate your wonderful accolades with them and our team.