Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Hotel Providence(Providence)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Dolce Villa(Providence)
1,392 results
All reviewsmasonic templestate housethe club loungefront deskcapitol buildingbeautiful hotelvalet parkingcheesecake factoryrhode islandamtrak stationvalet staffcoffee makerroom was largebrown universitymini fridgeking bedfederal hill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After reading other reviews, I seem to have had different experience. In almost a week there, barely saw any staff - had to seek them out. Valet parkers were good and polite, although fees were very expensive (to point we returned car early instead).

Rooms were comfortable, but ugliest decor I have ever seen (maybe just not my taste). Phone buttons stuck and speaker phone would magically turn on. Had to track down housekeeping and ask them to go back and replenish amenities. Shampoo etc were Aveda, so bonus marks for that (if you got them..)

Nice deep bathtub.

could hear people talking in room next door.
overall odd experience - kind of do-it-yourself stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank-you for your comments and feedback and I apologize that you left with a HMMMM. We are rated number one on Trip Advisor because of our attention to detail, wonderful staff and our unique décor, historical but with a contemporary flare having all the amenities necessary to wow our guests. Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to be of service again so that we will have the opportunity to convince you why we are # 1.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Came upon this hotel quite by accident, as we (17 family members) were going to Prov for the JWU's graduation. So glad that we booked here! Everything, from the moment we pulled up in front of the hotel, to the moment we left were perfect. The staff at the front desk, nothing short of delightful. The rooms are clean, clean, clean. Location was perfect to walk to the mall for everyone to grab a bit to eat Friday night. It seemed like most people at the hotel were there for the graduation too, so Saturday morning was busy getting cars out, but the valeys out in front were amazingly nice, helpful...they knew everyone was on a mission to get to the DD Center on time.

Didn't eat any meals here, so can't comment on the food.

Would deff recommend this hotel to a business traveler or a tourist, great location!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank-you for your fabulous comments and so happy you discovered our hotel. We are the preferred hotel for a number of guests during graduation weekend, but hopefully we will see you before that! Thank-you for your loyalty.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

If "location" is the most important thing in real estate, then "The Staff" is the most important thing in choosing a hotel, and the Providence Renaissance got it right. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, was professional and courteous, and the front desk really shined (thank you, Bryanna). While it was my first visit, I was made to feel like I was home, and more impressively, like I was the most important person in the hotel. I'll be back, for sure. If you find yourself in Providence, make sure you stay here. There is no better place.

Room Tip: The view of the state house is breathtaking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank BobLeblaw
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank-you for your fabulous comments. Rest assured we will share your comments with our team and celebrate Bryanna's efforts here at the hotel. Thank-you once again for your comments and we look forward to being of service in the near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights during a conference. The quality of the furnishings in the guest room was very good. The king size bed had an impressive array of pillows, and the bathroom's marble floor and deep red, striped walls provided an elegant touch. The air vents rattled a little when the air-conditioning was on, but not bad enough to complain or disrupt sleep.

As with hotels of this type, the room service menu was outrageously expensive and although the quality of the food was OK, it was not at all worth the price. Don't be lazy like I was - get out and enjoy some of the small eateries in town, and save a chunk of change! Also, if you have a sweet tooth, don't forget to bring your own chocolate bar. The small concessions shop also charges about double for a basic bar of chocolate!

The reason I say that the hotel has an identity crisis is that on the one hand, the Renaissance Hotels tend toward that rich, deep, luxe type of decor, which I am OK with. But it seems that this particular hotel is also trying to add a bit of hip, modern touches which do not work for me (at least, not mixed in with the traditional decor that dominates). For example, the LCD screen near the elevators, some of the art work, etc.

The staff were all very nice and welcoming.

1  Thank Caryn T
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank-you for your comments and observations. It was fabulous to here you enjoyed your room and the elegant décor. We are the largest historic restoration in the history of Rhode Island and our design taps into the rich history and indigenous flavors of our city and state. We are contemporary in the sense that we offer all the hi tech luxuries necessary for our guests. Our guests do enjoy this mix of historic luxury with contemporary amenities. Hopefully you will give us the opportunity in the future to help you discover more of what makes our hotel and our city so unique.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great staff at the restaurant, maid service, club lounge, front desk & valet. Nice fitness center. However, the benefits of being a platinum rewards member were next to nothing. No room upgrade; club lounge was nice with a great staff but a glass of wine cost the same as the hotel restaurant. Restaurant staff was great but dining was over priced: $9 for a bowl of oatmeal, $16 for six tiny tacos. I'm sure there may have been other platinum member perks that I may not have taken full advantage of; this is just what I experienced on this visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

I apologize that during this visit an upgrade was not available and we do appreciate that you found our staff exceeded your expectations. I have always found that a great staff makes a great hotel and we thank you for your observations. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to perk you up on your next visit.