“Second stay - a winner”

Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Spent 3 nights dropping our daughter off for college.

Booked ahead and got a decent rate (~$210 - all taxes and fees). Good rooms, service,and location.

Still not a fan of the restaurant but the lounge is quite good. Will probably become our standard spot for the many visits ahead during college.

Valet parking is stiff ($28/day) and then constant tips to the valet staff..

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the capital next door.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank-you for our comments on rooms, service,and location. We appreciate your loyalty and anticipate your return.Hopefully we will see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Renaissance Hotel is located right next to the State Capitol building, many restaurants/bars, an upscale indoor shopping mall, and within walking distance of Brown University, RISDY, and Benefit Street (historic buildings).

We had a King room and it was large. Could have been because it was the handicap accessible room, but the bathroom was huge. The room was appointed with the amenities that you'd expect. Still not sure if we were charged for daily Internet access (but it's $10.95/day if you're charged). The bed was a little lumpy, but this wasn't a big deal. Check-in and check-out were easy. Employees were very nice. Everything you'd expect from a downtown business hotel.

There was a restaurant/bar in the hotel. They offer a decent breakfast buffet (omelets, potatoes, bacon, sausage, french toast, waffles, fresh fruit, cereals, breads, muffins/rolls, etc.).

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Capitol building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank-you for discovering our hotel and it is fabulous that you could take advantage of our location.We are centrally located to many of the amenities, attractions, colleges and universities that make Providence such an exciting place to visit.Hopefully you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future to discover more of what we have to offer.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently stayed at this beautiful hotel for a family wedding. Even though we arrived later than expected, our check-in was fairly painless. (We were kept waiting for a "feather-free" room as we had requested, but when we explained our time crunch, we were allowed into the room and housekeeping made the change while we were at the wedding.) The desk clerk didn't bat an eye when I told him I had to bring my five year old son because child care fell through. I asked for a cot if one was available and he assured me he would check into it. During the wedding, my mother (who was also staying in the room) became ill and was taken to the local hospital. Unfortunately, I was not able to accompany her in the ambulance because I had to take care of my son. After arranging to have him spend the night with a cousin, we went back to the hotel to settle him in for the night. Upon arriving back at the hotel, I explained to the valet why I was going to need access to my car. Luckily, my mom was released from the hospital and I was able to take her back tot he hotel. The next morning, I discovered that the thoughtful valet had kept my car within easy access, even though I hadn't made a request to do so. I think the true test of any service industry is to be able to handle the unexpected as if it were expected. I applaud the staff of the Renaissance Providence Hotel for helping me at every turn of this eventful weekend. The beauty and cleanliness of the hotel was outstanding as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Providence.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank-you for your kind comments and your wonderful feedback about our staff.We are happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations in a number of areas. We look forward to being of the service to you on your next trip to Providence.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Close to everything. We enjoyed the hotel. The staff was very friendly. They were very accomodating to our girls Short walk to the river. We enjoyed walks to the shops and restaurants. The Rock and Roll marathon began just outside the hotel. Our girls loved having a view of the State Captial right outside our hotel window!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank-you for your comments and for discovering our hotel. We do have a fantastic location and we are happy to hear you were able to take full advantage of what we have to offer during your visit. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon because it was the race's "host hotel". I could not have been more pleased with the Renaissance! The hotel was gorgeous, clean, and in a great location (walking distance to everything downtown). The staff was also very nice and helpful. My room was nicely decorated, very quiet, and the bed was super comfortable. I was even able to sleep soundly, something that doesn't happen too often while staying in hotels. The bathroom was very roomy and had a large shower. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank CarrieRx

It is fabulous that you enjoyed your visit to our wonderful city.Thank-you for your kind comments about our staff and our hotel. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future so that we may help you discover more about our hotel and our city.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel was by far one of the best we've ever been to in a long time. The rooms were so comfortable and all the staff were friendly and so helpful. My husband was there at a conference and didn't get out til 5. When I called down to the front desk to ask if I could get a late check out, they said "absolutely". Everyone from the valet, the cleaning people and just staff walking by, were so friendly. Not to mention the state building and the Providence Mall were within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank-you for discovering our hotel and for your fabulous comments. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I visited Providence for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon and stayed at one of the run suggested hotels, the Renaissance. It's in a great location, walking distance to the capital, shopping, the river, downtown, the convention center and even Federal Hill. It's very reasonably priced, is extremely clean and the staff are all very helpful and pleasant. I highly recommend it and would stay at it again if our travels ever bring us back to Providence. The only small drawback is that they charge $28 a day for parking which I found a little high. Given it's location, if you visit on a weekend, I would suggest finding parking on the street for nothing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for your wonderful comments. It is fabulous that you have discovered our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay. We do offer valet parking in our safe, secure lot for our guests.I would suggest that in the future when you visit us you consult our team as they can give you additional recommendations on parking opportunities in the City of Providence. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.