1,150 results
All reviewscoffee barbolt coffeekaraoke bargerman restaurantbunk bedshipster hotelgreat designcocktail loungecool hotelcool vibeyoga matrain showerluggage rackold fashionedshower stallold schoolqueen room
Reviewed August 9, 2018

I live in Providence, but wanted a getaway for the night. The Dean is it. The king size room was wonderful, comfortable bed, just enough space, quiet. Bathroom well equipped and nice large shower. The staff was friendly and helpful. I love the decor which is simple and chic. I would recommend the Dean to anyone visiting Providence.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2018

The staff was wonderful and accommodating for the two nights we were there. I had booked through Booking.com and the site had given me the wrong rooms. Their staff was very friendly in fixing the booking.

Room Tip: very neat elevator and hotel style
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I support the idea of a great little boutique hotel in Downtown Providence as I am a RISD grad and was back in town for 2 nights. The hotel was okay - needs some thought on lighting and amenities, the air conditioner in the window was like those from home depot with a long extension cord along wall - really lowbrow. The bed frame was poorly built. The bathroom lighting needs some thought as only half the bathroom was lit well. A mini bar and safe would be good additions to the room. The TV remote did not work with the TV but only the Fios - so you had to get up to change the channels. I think this place could be great if they thought about the details a bit more. Nice staff at the front desk and valet and the coffee shop looked very cool. I wanted to love it but it was just so average and a disappointment

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018

The Dean is not a comfortable experience. Everything here is difficult: the room offers no comfortable place to sit, the elevator requires too much effort to operate (if you don't have good upper body strength, you won't be able to open the cage door), and the coffee shop can't even bill your room.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Management response:Responded 1 week ago

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay given the points that you made. We wish you safe and happy travels in the near future.

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in a good location and has a ridiculous 'hipster' vibe about it.Sadly I wouldn't recommend it or stay here again.

We were put in a room next to a store cupboard one side and the lift the other side,constant noise all night.The whole hotel is wooden floors so you hear every noise. The room was adequate with only hooks to hang your clothes on. The bed was tiny....it was a double by English sizes and so uncomfortable.

Shower is absolutely horrific,I thought it was a glass cubical at first only to discover it was 2 thirds glass and one third shower curtain!....terrible design,water was scalding hot and there was no room to move without soaking the whole bathroom.

No coffee machine in the room which most budget hotels have,this is far from a budget hotel but maybe it's own coffee shop in the lobby explains that!

Good free wifi and lovely check in staff have to be mentioned but sadly everything else let it down.We only stayed one night and that was enough.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review as all feedback is helpful for us to improve to meet our standards. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Should you have an opportunity to visit our lovely city again, we hope you find accommodations more suitable for your preferences.