See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 26, 2015

Very disappointing - read in Lonely Planet this was interesting place to stay so booked whilst on a road trip. Nice location on continental style square with restaurants etc. Seedy area as you move away. Reception staff told us room not ready on arrival so we went next door for coffee. Room ready 20 minutes late. New reception staff on when we went back who was clearly busy when we checked in with phone calls etc so we didn't feel welcomed to the hotel. Minor upgrading works going on we were not told about. No car parking on site - $20 extra for offsite parking. Very modern white and lime green
decor. First room we were offered smelt of cigarette smoke - we declined it and reception staff told us it was a food smell. Then offered a room overlooking a filthy alley. Saw hairs on sheet and pulled it back to see what looked like body fluid stains. Very unhappy at this point and had made the mistake of already handing over cc details and reception staff did not have authority to refund and could not contact anyone that could. We were offered another room with no window in reception. Very cross at this point as all we wanted was our money back but told not possible. However there was no point staying as we would never be happy with this standard - bear in mind we stayed in a lovely hotel on the beach and all facilities in Newport for less money. To be fair to the reception staff they did not have authority to refund and did try to find an acceptable room. On a positive note the manager did refund our money the following day. The rooms here are large and have a kitchen but this was an experience we haven't had for a long time travelling in many different countries.

Room Tip: Go and see the room before you check in
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Legolander706
Xiony B, General Manager at Hotel Dolce Villa, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2015

Thank you for your review.
Our check in time is 3pm, you and your guest arrived around 2:15pm and by the time you came back the room was ready to go. I do understand Hotel Dolce Villa might not be for everyone, but we try our best to accommodate our guest. Robert was more than happy, to personally show you 5 different type of rooms, but you declined each and everyone of them. We are consistently recognized for the cleanliness of our Hotel and I’m a bit put off by the dirty couch sheets and smoke smell in one of our rooms, never the less we will look into it.

We do offer 24 hr valet services for $20.00 a night. Its very convenient for our guest, since the city of Providence does not offer over night parking and you do run a risk of being towed and ticked. Sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2015

The location was great, but the room was awful. I couldn't ever justify staying in room 2CC again. I was charged a rate that seemed a bit askew, considering how small the room was, as well as how little the accommodations offered.

The location of the hotel itself is the only thing saving these folks from a 1 star review. The smell of bleach throughout the building was atrocious, though I felt validated when seeing another couple come into the hotel and show visible signs of disappointment.

To sum it up, the cost helped me to set expectations that the hotel just isn't capable of delivering on. Great location, but not worth the price.

Room Tip: Be sure that you don't get stuck in room 2CC.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business

Thank you for the review.

After carefully reviewing your reservation, you did book via 3rd party, therefore this was the exact room you paid for, a 1bedroom standard room. Our staff would had been more than happy to upgrade you to one of our suites.

I do understand Hotel Dolce Villa is not for everyone, but we do take great pride in what we do. I apologize for any inconvenient. If you do decide to give us a second chance, please give me a call directly.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2015

In all my travels it is rare that I was upgraded and accomodated to the extent the Dolce Villa staff provided. I was visiting my son and wanted him to stay with me since I only had a day. I asked for 2 beds and got 2 rooms!
Everything was exceptionally clean, including a jacuzzi tub. Beds were comfortable and the location near Federal hill made an evening walk enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family

Thank You for such a glowing review, we are all so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for recognizing our staff to be accommodating and attentive.
We love guest like you, we hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 21, 2015 via mobile

We booked this hotel after finding it for $60 in a last minute deal which is a steal for the area. Can not beat the location. Small, basic clean rooms with memory foam bed toppers and good AC. Parking $20. If u can get this hotel for the right price it will not disappoint but understand others complaints as its a very basic hotel with no real charm. We were very happy with our stay.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple

We appreciate this review, thank you!
Hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed September 1, 2015

We stayed here one night.

It was walk-able to Fire Water and located on a cute little block of "little Italy."

Or room must have been the smallest available. Next time I would check and get a bigger room. It was much too small.

Everything was very clean.

The room is nothing fancy. Very basic. But everything you would need.

I liked the location.

Had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and they gave us a discount. It was a good basic breakfast. We sat outside.

I would highly recommend going to Pastiche for some awesome desserts or pastries. It is so close the hotel and soooo good!

We valet parked the car, and that worked out nicely. I think it cost $20.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure there is a night club nearby and I could hear music late night. Didn't really bother me.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Xiony B, General Manager at Hotel Dolce Villa, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2015

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We all work very hard to make all of our guest happy while staying with us!

We hope to see you soon!