“Not as good as I remember”
Review of Not Just Snacks

Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Hope
Neighborhood: Hope
Boise, Idaho ~ Providence, Rhode Island
“Not as good as I remember”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Maybe I went on an off night but my food wasn't as good as I remember. I ordered one of the trays that came with multiple choices so I had salad, beef curry, lentil something, pickles (that were above and beyond salty and some other weird flavor) and a little dessert roll that was like thin angel hair rice noodles wrapped around something (this was yummy).

It also came with naan that was absolutely delicious and my most favorite spot to get naan. I think this place is truly authentic and maybe my taste buds just aren't used to the real deal.

It is kind of spendy depending on what you get and the tables are close together and the atmosphere isn't the restaurant norm, awkwardly one table decided to stop talking and just listen to us talk.

• Visited May 2013

Providence, Rhode Island
“Best curry I've ever had”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went here with a group of my friends. The curry was AMAZING. I just couldn't get enough of it. The naan and the tandoori was really good to. The price is also very reasonable. They also have many Hindi and Tamil movies. The waitress was very nice and attentive. I definitely will recommend this place to those who want authentic Indian food.

• Visited January 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Authentic (?) Indian Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Average decor for the student population. Very spicy entrees (be sure to ask what's spicy....the menu doesn't say, Food was quite flavorful and the staff was very warm and friendly.

Visited August 2012
Barrington, Rhode Island
“Potentially best Indian food not considering atmosphere”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

First time at this place. A bit of hole in the wall feel.
Definitely lower end feel vs kabob n curry or rasoi.
However, prices more reasonable, and food is delicious.

Tandoori was done very nicely, and not spicy so my child could eat it. Baigan burtha was just right, wouild still ask for more heat next time, but definitely more heat vs other inidan restaurants in Providence.

Friendly service. Cant wait to go back to try the curries. Very glad we tried this place.
Byob.

Dosa and naan was not as good as knc, so now we have to decide which indian restaurant to go to in future. Thats a good problem to have.

• Visited June 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place is owned by the same people who own Not Just Spices across the street. Consistently good samosas, biryanis, and curries. They are not as "americanized" (i.e. tons of heavy cream in the sauce) as at the other 2 Indian restaurants on this part of Hope St.
Great video selection too.

Visited March 2012