“they stole from my bank account”
Review of Kabob and Curry

Kabob and Curry
Ranked #82 of 828 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: College Hill
Description: Kabob & Curry is an award-winning, popular, and affordable Indian restaurant located on Thayer Street. Our food is the closest you'll get to a culinary nirvana. Diverse flavors and textures will explode in your mouth as you enjoy our traditional cooking style based on techniques from all around India. With veggie, gluten and dairy-free, vegan, and celeriac options, our menu has something for everyone's taste buds. A customer favorite includes our delicious chicken tikka masala which combines unique spices and flavors to create the perfect curry dish. Our restaurant also has a buffet on Sundays, giving you a plethora of fresh and high quality cuisine to choose from. We also have a full bar offering delicious cocktails that are very imaginative and refreshing, and we have BYOB wine options.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Just got off the phone with the claims dept. of my bank. There was a fraudulent charge from Kabob n Curry in my account activity. A co-worker just told me that her friend had the same problem with this restaurant. It makes me sad (and angry) because I loved this restaurant. But never again. I wouldn't even go there and pay in cash, not after they stole from me.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I really like this place. It is a long wait for a table, especially on weekend evenings. But the food is good, served beautifully. Servers are really nice and helpful.

1  Thank SrijitNewYork
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We tried this place based on the reviews. The food was anything but Indian. The chicken Biriyani was more like chicken fried rice n the chilli chicken was sweet for crying out loud!! The service was good even though it was busy!!! Will never go there again!!!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We hadn't been to Providence for 5 years or so and upon our return, we decided to vist our favorite Indian Restaurant for lunch -- Kabob and Curry. The place is right on a busy street in a college area and parking isn't easy but it is worth it. It doesn't look like much from the outside but the place has been spruced up on the inside with new paint and tablecloths and looks more attractive than the old student hang-out that I remember. There is a nice sunroom that looks out onto the street for people-watching.

The restaurant is also deceptively large as it has dining on two floors. The food, however, was better than ever (5 stars for the food). The menu now has Gluten free options marked on the side of each entree -- a huge help (and there were many choices!!!). We went for lunch and had a couple of combo meals giving us 4 choices to share AND they even offer a Gluten free Nan -- what a treat. The portions were so generous that we took food home for another meal. Some days they have a buffet so call ahead if you are interested.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

this is by far my favorite restaurant ever. delicious food, friendly/knowledgable wait staff, great atmosphere, decent prices. Try it!