“Great Indian Great Price”
Review of Kabob and Curry

Kabob and Curry
Ranked #83 of 804 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: College Hill
Description: Kabob & Curry is an award-winning, popular, and affordable Indian restaurant located on Thayer Street. Our food is the closest you'll get to a culinary nirvana. Diverse flavors and textures will explode in your mouth as you enjoy our traditional cooking style based on techniques from all around India. With veggie, gluten and dairy-free, vegan, and celeriac options, our menu has something for everyone's taste buds. A customer favorite includes our delicious chicken tikka masala which combines unique spices and flavors to create the perfect curry dish. Our restaurant also has a buffet on Sundays, giving you a plethora of fresh and high quality cuisine to choose from. We also have a full bar offering delicious cocktails that are very imaginative and refreshing, and we have BYOB wine options.
Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Indian Great Price”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Great appetizers in friendly setting. Excellent combination plates. Overall good experience for the money

Visited November 2011

Massachusetts
“Casual atmosphere, great food, reasonable prices.”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I both enjoy Indian Food, Last weekend we decided to try Kabob and Curry on a visit to Providence Rhode Island. The restaurant is located on Thayer Street next to Brown University. The street is very student centered with shops and restaurants catering to them. There is metered parking on the streets but you have to look. We were there on the Columbus Holiday so parking was free, but we parked a block away. We enjoyed walking around the Brown Campus a bit before we headed over to the restaurant. There was no wait on Monday afternoon and there were only a few people there, all appeared to be students. We ate on the glass enclosed porch like area on the first floor, though there was no view except the house next door that is being remodeled. There were even two tables on the street that were in use when we left. The restrooms are upstairs and when I went up I saw a much larger dining room that was empty. The gracious staff helped us with menu selections, I don't like my food too, too spicy, where my husband is the opposite. The food was excellent, though the rice was more bland than I am used to. We will try it again next time we are there.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank JCMass
Newport, Rhode Island
“Love their saag paneer!”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This place has great food! Prices and portions are very fair. The atmosphere and decor leaves your wanting and like another reviewer said, the tables are quite small. If it isn't busy enough, the wait staff tends to hover which puts the diner on the defensive if you'd like a slower paced meal. To reiterate, GREAT FOOD!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank ElizabethGetz
Satellite Beach, florida USA
“Mediocre-Bland-Not real Indian food”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This place was packed-smells of curry emanating-I went up for a take-out on August 1st, 2011. The clientele was mostly young/thin/pierced and tattooed students with a few RISD/Brown professors/visiing parents. I ordered two chicken dishes(came with Basmati Rice)The chicken Korma was bland and boring-tough pieces of chicken, also. Chicken Xacuti-almost the same bland boring sauce-Both were $13.00 After 7 weeks in London, I think I know some good Indian/Pakistani food, as it is my favorite and I tried a different place each night. This place caters to students, mainly, too lazy or too tired to cook at home-I spent $28.00 for mediocr/bland/not authentic North Indian cuisine. Don't even waste your time here. The only good thing is that on Monday nights, you can BYOB. This is NOT a place for wordly world travellers who know good Indian food.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank sneepy
Providence, Rhode Island
“One of my favorite restaurants”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I would like to get the critical part of this review out of the way. This restaurant is too small. The tables are very small and there isnt enough room to fit everything. That being said, this is one of my favorite restaurants ever! Plus, they offer takeout.
Indian food is absolutly amazing. I had never tried it before coming here, and I am so greatful this was my first. Since coming here for the first time about 5 years ago I have tried many indian places and none even come close to Kabob and Curry. This place has inspired my cooking obsession for the past year and now I cant stop making curries, koftas and samosas!
As a vegetarian they have plenty to choose from and my boyfriend and I are always satisfied. The waitstaff is very helpful and understanding of the fact that sometimes you dont understand how to pronounce things, or even what you may be eating. They steer you toward things you would like and always know what is in the food in cases of allergies. They gave us a free smoothie when we were waiting for our takeout order quite a few times. Excellent service.
If you like or have never tried indian food you must eat here. The food is amazing, the service is amazing, but I highly recommend you order takeout since the tables are small and too close together.

• Visited July 2011