Tripadvisor

Wonderful Park

Reviewed November 29, 2019
RdTripper_USA
New England

Recommended experiences in and around Providence
from $28.71
More Info
from $124.68
More Info
All reviews japanese garden botanical gardens swan boats feed the ducks rose garden beautiful fall food truck sunny day roger williams walk around carousel picnic lakes zoo animals playground paths
Selected filters
Reviewed December 20, 2019

With its numerous trees and shrubs of many varieties, Roger Williams Park offers a wonderful opportunity for "leaf peeping" without taking a drive into the country. And you can also feed the ducks and Canada Geese that hang around the pond and elsewhere in the park.

Reviewed November 29, 2019

We visited in November and were still very impressed with the beauty of this park. We can only imagine how wonderful this place is when "in season". The park has numerous walking paths and hiking "trails". It is spread out over a large area and is extremely well maintained. When you are in this park, you are actually in the heart of Providence, RI but you in no way get that feeling. As you experience the outer perimeter of the park you think... "how lucky would I be to live in one of those homes?", as there are neighborhoods that abut the park. Unless you notice that, you would never know you are that close to civilization. This park is a hidden gem!

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 26, 2019

I was in the beachy part and my flip flops came off when I was doing a cartwheel.
I found the left one but the right one is still there.
It was blue with a yellow thong.
I had to leave it there because a goose chased me.
"Honk Honk!" It said "Honk Honk Honk!"
Please contact TripAdvisor if you find my flip flop.
I was by the bushes with all the bees

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank Dan W
Reviewed October 27, 2019 via mobile

We stopped here early before going to the pumpkin spectacular, it is a lovely park with many places to stop, relax, read, picnic, play. The casino is AMAZING. We were able to go inside. Drove through the park and stopped many times to take pictures and just enjoy the beautiful fall scenery. Wish we had more time to spend there- night time swan boats, carousel.

Reviewed October 19, 2019

We made two visits to the park while staying in Providence. First we went on a Friday night to go on the Swan Boats. During the Fall, they have illuminated Swan Boats. The Boats are all lit up different colors, and you pedal around the lake through lit up wire "tunnels". The cost is $10 per person and you can ride for 20 minutes, I think, but we were the first ones there, so they let us ride longer. It can be a romantic evening or just fun. Highly recommend. We went back on Sunday during the day. We visited the Botanical Gardens, Carousel park, the Japanese Garden with little foot bridges, and the Music Hall, which is an outdoor structure with columns that looks out over the water. Inside the structure are carved the names of very famous musicians. We didn't even see everything, but this is a great park to spend a day in.