1,319 results
All reviewsgrace churchbrick wallarts districtcharming hotelvalet parkingchain hotelswithin walking distancestreet noisethe general managerjunior suiteloved this hotelvalet servicefront desk staffgreat roomheart of downtownking bedbrown university
Reviewed September 18, 2017

I stayed recently for a meeting of The Nature Conservancy. Both Greg and Kate were efficient, kind and very professional. I really appreciate how easy they made everything. I also loved the diversity in the staff, how courteous everyone was and how welcome and supported I felt (I facilitated one of the meetings). The food was excellent. My room was beautiful and comfortable. The only thing I would say was a bit of a negative was the much needed renovation of some of the common areas. Carpets in hallways and the like. It did not take away, however, from my rating. I would still recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear I1372DImariae,

Thank you for leaving us a five star review of your stay here with us. It was a pleasure hosting your group and i am glad to hear that everything went great. I will also pass along your nice comments to Greg and Kate and i cannot agree with you more that they both are very efficient, kind, and professional. I apologize about the corridors not being as great as the rest of the hotel and we recognize that. We are renovating all of our hallways starting in December to include carpet, wall covering, and lighting. We hope to see you again next time you are in Providence.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

Just had our wedding ceremony at the Hotel Providence and reserved a large block of rooms for our guests. The experience we had working with the hotel and staff was outstanding! Greg, the sales director, was instrumental in finding solutions for all the issues we encountered over the course of planning and coordinating our wedding.

We had our ceremony on the Blackstone Terrace, a 2nd-story terrace overlooking a small park in the middle of downtown Providence. The hotel provided the space, seating, and a tent with chandelier lighting for a very reasonable rate.

Our room was extremely comfortable and clean, and the rates were reasonable for this level of luxury. All the staff we worked with, from the valets to the housekeepers to the caterers, overwhelmed us with their positivity and enthusiasm to go above and beyond what we expected of them. overall - a fantastic experience that I would absolutely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear scottduquette,

Thanks for leaving us a fabulous five star review of your stay here with us. I am glad to hear that your wedding went well and that Greg and the rest of the staff were outstanding. I will make sure i pass along your nice comments to them. The terrace is definitely a fabulous place for a ceremony with the beautiful backdrop of the park and church. Thanks for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2017

We have stayed at Hotel Providence on several different occasions and always had a wonderful experience. The staff is very friendly and takes to the time to remember small details that make us feel at home.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Katherine P,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five star review of your stay here with us. I am glad that on several different occasions you always had a wonderful experience with us and that you find our staff to be very friendly. I will make sure to pass along your nice comments to them. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed September 15, 2017

We stayed at the hotel with two young kids, and they went above and beyond to make us comfortable and ensure that we had a pleasant stay. Every staff member was very personable and accommodating . We were even given a toy at check-in. The room was immaculate and we loved the decor. We highly recommend staying at this property.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Dear jkchavanne,

Thank you for leaving us a five star review of your stay here with us. I am glad to hear that we went above and beyond and that your room was immaculate. We like to make you feel at home so we developed our toy program a few years ago and the kids seem to love it. Thanks for the high recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Hotel has British style of luxury. Excellent service. Spacious rooms, renovated, modern. Bathrooms are superb. Location is central - walking to train station and convention center. Many new restaurants in the neighborhood.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Dear Andrei77Mos,

Thank you for leaving us a five star review of your stay here with us. I am glad that you found our hotel to be Luxurious, spacious, and modern as well as the bathrooms superb. There is definitely alot to see and do in our neighborhood as we are in the middle of it all downtown. I look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!