“Fantastic”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Southeast Missouri
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My family was recently in Providence to take our daughter to tour Brown University. We stayed for two nights at the Hotel Providence and were extremely pleased. The staff was attentive and helpful. The room was lovely and well appointed. The restaurant was excellent with a beautiful outdoor eating area and showed a fantastic city view. We would definitely stay at the Hotel Providence again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BellaPearl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
california
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Hotel Providence's staff blew my mind. The hotel is lovely and boutique in the city setting, definitely high class and with a very good restaurant, but it was really the staff of this hotel which made my stay so wonderful.

I have traveled the world and stayed in many luxury hotels, but the staff of Hotel Providence was by far the most courteous and helpful staff I have Ever come across. They truly bent over backwards to make my stay amazing. Just some examples: When I called to ask if they had any toothpaste, they had run out but on their own initiative sent a runner out to the CVS to buy some. And when I left my cell phone charger in my room and traveled back to California, the manager FedEx'd it to me at their expense.

At all times, the staff was polite, catering, and useful! They really went out of their way to make us comfortable--even offering help before it was asked.

On my next trip to Providence, I will not even look anywhere else.
Their professionalism is to be commended.

• Stayed June 2009
Carmichael, California
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I had booked a stay at a bed and breakfast during our visit to Providence....big mistake! It was too close to the freeway and the traffic noise in our room was extremely noticeable. Needless to say we didn't stay at the B&B. It was 7:00 p.m. and I called several hotels and The Hotel Providence was the most accommodating. Thank you to the young man at the front desk who gave us a great rate (so sorry, I forgot your name), to Karen at the bar in Aspire, (hotel restaurant) and to Patrick Jordan, the General Manager of The Hotel Providence. My teenage son and I loved everything about our stay. From the moment we walked into the beautiful art filled lobby and to our clean, elegant room. My son especially appreciated the free internet and I, the Gilchrist & Soames products in the bathroom. We slept so well in the extremely comfortable beds.
The Hotel Providence was a great find! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2009
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Very pretty hotel with a nice staff. Well located in the heart of downtown. Close to shops and public transportation. Room was very comfortable and quiet. On the first night a party let out a 1:00 am and there was some noice in the streets for a few minutes - other than that - it was a perfect stay. Loved the Keurig coffee maker in the room!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
media, pa
Reviewed May 19, 2009

This was a short, one-night stop on a return trip from Martha's Vineyard. Definitely a good value. Room was comfortable and a nice size. Only real concern was the banging pipes (as mentioned in a previous review) coming from the bathroom. We shut the door to the bathroom and problem solved.

Having never been in Providence before, we asked the front desk if anything was going on in town that night (it was about 8PM) - she told us the hotel bar was open until 11. I'm sure they're obligated to say so, but we were a bit taken aback that this was the only suggestion. Luckily, we found a great restaurant/bar to spend the evening.

Great value, clean, beautiful accomodations, good location.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
central new jersey
Reviewed April 26, 2009

I recommend this hotel for your next trip to Providence. Very comfortable beds, good TV selection, and we found the city very walk-able from this location.
My husband and I were looking for a place to stay on our way to Martha's Vineyard and found a great two night deal on-line. The bed was so comfortable we didn't want to get up! Also, the hotel staff appeared to be students from a local hotel school. They were very nice and attentive. There is no room service, from what I recall, but a lot of local places to eat that are open early and late. Unfortunately there was some street noise from construction and a local church bell that went off, but that can be any city. Overall it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Vermont
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I found the Hotel Providence on hotels.com, after finding that the Biltmore was booked. I consider that a stroke of luck! The location is better, the room is bigger than the room I had at the Biltmore last visit.
The decor is elegant, the service is professional. The bathroom is well-appointed with shelves; the drawer storage is ample.
The Convention Center is just a quick 2 blocks away.
After a long day at my convention, I felt pampered just returning to my room and lounging in the elegant surroundings.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business