Hotel Providence
$203
$185
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Christopher Dodge House(Providence)(Great Value!)
$179
Marriott Hotels
$199
Hotels.com
1,253 results
All reviewsgrace churchbrick wallarts districtvalet parkingcharming hotelwithin walking distancechain hotelsthe general managerjunior suitevalet servicefront desk staffking bedgreat roomheart of downtownbrown universityfederal hillrhode island
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was so beautiful & comfortable!
It's located downtown Providence - an easy in / out for city and surrounding locations. The hotel design & rooms are pretty & quite comfortable. Absolutely pristine. Staff was super accommodating
PROS: Hotel design - comfort - friendly staff
CONS: Valet parking pricey & rooms pricey

Room Tip: If you'd like the best view - ask to be across the street from the church. BUT - you have to be ready to enjoy the church bells as they chime the hours! :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tricia C, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the review. We think our location is ideal, as well! We love being in the center of the thriving Arts & Theater district (and only a block from the larger sporting/ music venues).
Thank you for your kind words regarding your accommodations and especially your remarks about our staff. I can tell them every day that I appreciate and admire their enthusiasm, but it means so much more when it comes from a guest.

Warm regards,
Tom Fitzgibbons

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I used my free night to stay at this hotel to visit our son who goes to Johnson & Wales University and is staying in Providence for the summer, so the rate was fairly reasonable for Providence. The central city location is perfect and close to everything. Valet attendant was very attentive and helpful. There is a public parking lot across the street, but you have to pay each time to take your car out. The valet is pricey ($28/day), but they will get your car as many times as you might need it for the same price. Ambiance is very appealing in the lobby, but we didn't get to try the restaurant. The room was very comfortable and clean. We could hear the shower running in the morning in a room upstairs, but it wasn't loud enough to be disturbing. I don't usually sleep well in most hotels, but had a great night sleep there. I was looking forward to the cityscape at night, but I was disappointed that our view was of a brick wall :( Not sure if they gave us this room because we paid the cheaper rate, but I'd like to think they were booked full and was happy they gave us the 2 queen size beds we requested on a last-minute booking. We'd probably stay there again if the rate was reasonable.

Room Tip: If you really want to see a view of the city, request that when booking. Otherwise, you might be staring at a brick wall out your window!
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Hotel Providence is a quaint hotel with a sweet and attentive staff. I'm not sure of all of the rooms but we were upgraded to a huge suite that overlooked Westminster on the corner with a full size kitchen and large bathroom. The room was fabulous, traditional. This is an old school hotel with old school manners and that's the charm of the Hotel Providence!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Providence over Easter Weekend this year. I snagged a great rate.

The hotel is nice. The lobby feels very traditional. Service was good, check in was easy, valet was easy. Nice. But nothing about the hotel feels boutique. It's too big, first of all, to try to fit itself into that category.

I stayed in a king bed room. Like the lobby, the decor was traditional. The bed was comfortable, room was good sized. The bathroom was nice, though not enough counter space. The shower was marble and nice.

Nice nice nice. Nothing was excellent, or fantastic, or exceptional, or quirky, or innovative. Those are attributes I usually assign to boutique properties.

Nonetheless, the hotel is very well located, and I had an above average experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dansoleau
Reviewed June 11, 2013

First, be aware there is only valet parking ($28). The room was almost $200, was small and had a queen bed. The bed however was very comfortable and the room was clean. The staff was also very pleasant and helpful. As this is an older building sound control was not taken into account and we heard the conversations ( until 3 am) from the rooms next door as well as the church bells that ring every 1/2 hour. For what we spent I would stay at the hotels a few blocks away that have parking and more amenities when we come back to visit Providence.

Room Tip: Try to avoid side facing church bells.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple