1,319 results
All reviewsgrace churchbrick wallarts districtcharming hotelvalet parkingchain hotelswithin walking distancestreet noisethe general managerjunior suiteloved this hotelvalet servicefront desk staffgreat roomheart of downtownking bedbrown university
Reviewed March 30, 2012

While I found the value for the hotel stay was on point, it means nothing when you can't sleep. First off, don't let them place you in the rear of the hotel (believe it's called the Westminster Wing). My daughter joked we were being sent to the "back of the bus" as the elevator to our fourth floor room was past the restaurant, after the ATM machine, and next to the restaurant's service-only door. This was obviously the dumpier wing of the hotel. Fine, no problem since we came to enjoy the city and the rate was quite decent.
What wasn't cool, however, was the street's noise level! When it woke me in the middle of the night, I was certain it was coming from a marching band. Nope! I can't tell if the music was coming from the lady's club in the rear, the Cuban Revolution Restaurant, or the other restaurant/lounge, but it was certainly outdoors, and didn't seize for hours. That was Friday. Again, the same occurred the following night.
I know the hotel can't control what happens out of its facilities, but the main hotel wing on the other side of the building (the "front of the bus") was a ghost town so I can't imagine why they'd have placed us in the rear.
Oh, and the Aspire Restaurant's room service (ordered three entrees) was only so-so, save the three-cheese grilled cheese, which was gross.
Would I go back? Yes, not only was the hotel rate affordable, but I'd make sure to join the outdoor party next time and avoid the restaurant's room-service grub.

1  Thank pm_luluus
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We were not quite sure whether to book a local or a chain hotel, but we were very happy that we chose Hotel Providence. We arrived late, but the staff was welcomming and friendly. The room was very well decorated and had the amenities that one could expect. There was a brick wall right in front of the window, but as we anly where there to sleep and it was quiet, that was fine. The location is great, and the breakfast restaurant excellent. We will book this hotel next time again.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Recently spent two nights at the Hotel Providence. The accommodations were extremely comfortable, the service was phenomenal, and the location was great. A couple of notes - if you want a view, be sure to ask for a room that has one - our view was a brick wall but a friend had a lovely view of the Grace Church and PPAC sign. Also, bring earplugs because when you stay in a city it can be a bit noisy at night. I am extremely particular when it comes to hotels, and despite the view/noise issues I was very pleased. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Request a view.
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here for the same conference. Not only are the accommodations clean, beautiful, and comfortable, but the customer service is really top notch. The only thing that I might change next time is asking to stay on the side away from the club. It was a Friday night, and a little noisy. But at the same time, my infant was crying and a little fussy, so maybe the club noise covered up his crying for a little bit of the night for the other residents? I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask to be away from the club side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I decided to try this hotel for a recent business trip since they were offering a special. I work for a nonprofit and if I can find futrue deals I will definitely stay again. The room (Samual Clemens suite) was very nice with a separate living area, very comfortable bed and nice bathroom products (brand from London--can't remember the name). The front desk staff were very nice and I got a great recommendation on a sushu place that delivers. The front desk person even said I could get some water from the restaurant to take to my room. Also, the breaksfat that was included in my room rate was delicious--blueberry pancakes and turkey sausage. The only downside is that because this is an independently-owned hotel, it does not participate in any loyalty programs. I will stay again if I can find specials for future business trips.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
HotelProv, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased that you were satisfied with the size of your suite and the suggestions from our front office team. They really pride themselves on their recommendations and keeping each other "in the know" when it comes to the best our city has to offer. You're right about our bath products; they are from London and the brand is Gilchrist and Soames. Lastly, we understand that traveling on a budget requires making certain choices and concessions, and that "points programs" and the like, are often part of that decision process. With that said, I'm excited to report that we will announce shortly our new partnership with Stash Hotel Rewards, where you can earn points for free nights ridiculously fast at some of the most distinctive independent hotels across the country. Please check out their site and stay tuned, we'll be offering bonus enrollment points soon! We look forward to your return to HP.

Warm Regards,