“A great find - classic, boutique and comfortable!”
Review of Hotel Providence

Hotel Providence
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Providence for a weekend away in the Fall. The great service began before we even arrived - we contacted the hotel to help us find a couple of things since we were not familiar with Providence. All of their recommendations were right on point.

We had a fantastic suite with SO much room!! The bathroom was gorgeous - and everything was immaculate. The jacuzzi tub was especially appreciated. We had such a great time walking around, as Hotel Providence is seemingly in the middle of everything! We were very tired, and ready to sleep, and we did. The only thing was the chuch bells in the morning can be somewhat annoying, but we were ready to wake up anyway. All & all a great trip!!! We will definitely stay at the Hotel Providence again!!

Room Tip: Might want to pick a room on a higher floor, as we did hear that there was some noise outside. We s...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
EmiBee, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Providence. I'm pleased to know that our Front Desk provided exceptional and seamless service for you before and during your stay. Also, you're absolutely right in your recommendation to request a higher room to avoid any street noise. Unfortunately being in the center of the city has it rewards (near everything!) and a bit of a downside (outside noise). Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best wishes,
Tom Fitzgibbons

Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We had a very enjoyable stay in Providence, enhanced by this excellent hotel experience. Very helpful personnel. Excellent service with a smile, from the doorman on in. Fairly easy to find with a GPS. We valet-parked for $26 per night. Car is delivered promptly with a phone call to desk. Hotel is much grander than its immediate neighborhood. Several homeless on nearby streets, but no personal or reported trouble. Lobby is quite beautiful. Room (502) was spacious, pleasant, well furnished, with very comfortable beds. Very clean. Keurig coffee maker in room. Bathroom was spacious with thick, fluffy towels and robe. Ample storage/closet in the room. Had an excellent meal in Aspire, the hotel's restaurant. Hardly the hotel's fault, but much noise about 5-6 AM collecting garbage in the streets. Overall excellent value and considerable charm for price paid.

Room Tip: As usual in cities, the higher up the better.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your gracious feedback. I'm looking forward to sharing your wonderful review with my team. I'm thrilled that our hotel enhanced your Providence experience. Likewise, I'm delighted that you had an opportunity to try our restaurant, Aspire Seasonal Kitchen, and enjoyed that experience, as well. We look forward to your return and wish you safe and happy travels.

Best,

Reviewed October 22, 2011

The Hotel Providence is located near Johnson & Wales Univ's sort of new quad, and surrounded by various college buildlings. The area has come a long way, with some interesting shops and restaurants as well as the Providence Performing Arts Center all within an easy walk. The hotel itself is lovely (although the website claims Matouk sheets, but alas no Matouk anywhere in sight - nice but not Matouk), the room layouts are nice, the bathrooms lovely and breakfast fine. Why not 5 stars? The bathroom amenities are meh, and the location (remember the Johnson & Wales campus?) means lots of noise outside, especially when the bars close. Not sure if other locations in the hotel are better, but the late night noise is an issue. Had a weird specific problem with billing, but that shouldn't really count against them, at least not yet.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the street with the bars. I don't actually know if this is possible, but I...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Wineknut

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We feel very fortunate to be a part of Providence's revitalization and enjoy the continued growth of the small businesses that surround us. Regarding the in-room amenities, we chose Gilchrist & Somes because we felt that the products captured our upscale yet comfortable sophistication. Our sheets, though not Matouk, are made of Egyptian cotton. We do not claim to carry Matouk linens. Thank you for the recommendation to other travelers to request a higher floor in order to curb the street noise. That is excellent advice. We wish you the best and look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is a great hotel to stay in downtown Providence at a very affordable price. Lat year I couldnt get in and had to stay at the Providence Westin - what a dreadful experience and it was 4 times the price of the Hotel Providence! Now when I come to Providence I make sure I book early so I dont have to stay at overpriced unfriendly places like the Westin.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with the best value while maintaining a highly personalized experience. We hope to be your new home away from home whenever you visit Providence!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2011

My fiance and I had some stressful times last year so we thought it would be great to get away from it all last Thanksgiving and this little chic hotel in the chic town of Providence looked perfect.

Let me start with this-the pictures don't lie. It's an adorable, yet modern and trendy little place nestled right in the middle of town on a side street that is central to many of the restaurants, shops and other attractions. However, this means that there is no parking and you have to pay to valet. Slightly annoying since we had paid a good amount to stay there anyway. Regardless, it's cute for sure. Sadly, we came down the day before Thanksgiving and EVERYTHING was closed. We walked the streets for over an hour and found two shops open. Obviously this wasn't the hotel's fault, but it put a damper on our trip. We asked the front desk for other suggestions on what to do and they were friendly but not really helpful since they had no suggestions.

Needless to say, we decided to make the best of it and enjoy our romantic little room. However, about an hour after falling asleep, we were woken up by taxi horns and loud party goers to the connecting bar. The noise was so loud and conversations so clear, I actually woke up in a panic because I thought someone was in our room. Even with the TV on to mute the sounds, I could actually hear AND feel the vibrations from the attaching bar. And while our room was street-side, four floors up, at the opposite end of the building where the bar was, we could still hear the music to the point that I could tell you what song was playing--I can only imagine what it was like for those staying above it. From there it only got worse as the bar started to close and party-goers took to the streets right outside our room. Screaming, fighting, and laughing not to mention the honking taxis to pick up the guests--we did not get to sleep until well after 4am.

Now I understand that this was the night before Thanksgiving-one of the MOST notorious nights for partying, but I still could not believe how thin the windows must have been for us to be able to hear that noise several stories up so clearly.

We only stayed the one night, so I cannot tell you if this is the norm. However, I don't think we could handle another night of sleep like that, so we won't be testing it. Also, the bar had a beautiful patio, and while lovely, I can only imagine the noise would be worse when the party moves outside instead of a brisk November night where it's all indoors.

When we checked out, we complained.about the noise. Our lack of sleep was a real problem since we had a three hour drive ahead of us. The front desk was apologetic and kind, but couldn't do anything "because we had booked through a third party." There wasn't even a manager to confer with because it was Thanksgiving. We were very disappointed, left feeling like garbage because of our terrible night's sleep and knew we would not be recommending this place.

Room Tip: Stay as FAR from the Bar as possible. And do NOT stay streetside.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 8Pawprints479
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Lots of things went wrong. The worst was dirty and I mean dirty sheets. To fix issue they upgraded us prob only because if availability (close by we were trying to go to bed when we noticed it and it was late). When I brought it up to front desk at check out they offered us breakfast discounts etc?? Eating at a place like that no thanks! Seriously? Housekeeping is not up to par. Maybe I could get past the sheets as a mistake (i don't believe so) but the shower mold and mildew was leads me to think otherwise. I would never go back. The only nice part of the trip was the bellhop, nice guy! Housekeeping gross and front desk leaves much to be desired. There are better out there!

• Stayed: July 2011
7  Thank Rhodestraveled

Dear Valued Guest,

The incident that you are referring to was immediately brought to the attention of our Front Office Manager who offered to move you to a different room. Cleanliness is not an issue at Hotel Providence, as our Executive Housekeeper and her staff are the very BEST and most conscientious team that I have worked with in my entire career. The bedding is changed completely after each new guest. Likewise, the bathroom tile is cleaned and disinfected with the most superior products on the market. If you noticed discoloration on the white tiles I can assure you that it was not mold nor mildew. We practice room care daily and constantly address the natural wear and tear of our bathroom tiles. We are always disappointed when a guest is not satisfied and do our very best to rectify the situation. We sincerely hope that you will return.

Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed at Hotel Providence for 3 nights for a business conference. They offer free wifi/ high speed internet. The room i stayed in was a large corner room. The bathroom is spacios but no tub.

Room service was also fast, they quickly addressed the missing spoon for my soup. I also asked for shampoo, but was delivered body lotion n conditioner. I think it was an honest mistake since the person attended to my request was a dude.

Overall a bit underwhelmed for a 4 diamond luxury hotel, but comfortable for a business trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business