$249
Providence Biltmore(Providence)
$189
$170
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$176
$183
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
$179
1,318 results
All reviewsgrace churchbrick wallarts districtcharming hotelvalet parkingchain hotelswithin walking distancestreet noisethe general managerjunior suiteloved this hotelvalet servicefront desk staffgreat roomheart of downtownking bedbrown university
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I came to Providence for business. This was my first stay at Hotel Providence. I was treated like royalty. the staff was very attentive and accommodating. I was upgraded to a jr. Suite and the rates are more than reasonable. The room was beautiful and comfortable. My only complaint was the lack of water pressure in the shower.

The staff was so accommodating that they provided me with a private conference room to conduct an important interview. What impressed me more was that during the interview they brought bottled water in on a silver tray! That made me look very good.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I usually spend Christmas in Providence and always stay at this hotel. Whenever anything has gone awry the staff is quick to remedy the situation. ie., the ice machine wasn't working one night and someone from the desk opened the restaurant ( this was after hours ) and brought up a bucket.
Aspire restaurant has fantastic food and again a staff that bends over backwards to accommodate any request I made.
The location is in a newly upcoming section of downtown, so either running out for coffee getting something at CVS, or shopping at Providence Place Mall is readily available.
As long as I keep traveling to the city, I'll be staying there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Stayed for a long weekend with a number of friends. The Reservation Agent and Front Desk were helpful with room rates and placing guests together.

The rooms were in good shape with comfortable beds and nice bathrooms and valet parking is $25 per night with full in and out privileges.

The location was very convenient to a number of dining, transportation and nightlife options. Check out Local 121 on the corner!

The only downside to our stay was the breakfast service. While the staff was cheerful and helpful the restaurant is severely understaffed and not equipped to handle multiple orders.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My best friend and I stayed at the Hotel Providence in December and it was exceptional. The rooms were spacious and cozy. Aspire was great for getting a pre dinner martini. Hotel is in walking distance to many downtown eateries and the Performing Arts Center. We will definately be telling out friends and staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Check in was a breeze.. I will say the front desk staff are accommodating and genuine - although when checking out I wasn't asked if I enjoyed my stay... Coincidence? At first, the guest room appeared to be spacious and very clean, upon further inspection I noticed leftover makeup and dried toothpaste on a hand towel (obviously never replaced since last guest), mold and mildew in shower and the cream and sugar packages were ripped open next to the coffee maker (therefore missing essential coffee-making items).

The guest information book contained a full restaurant menu from the previous restaurant, L'Epicureo, (which changed hands three years ago I was told) and a dirty, wrinkled up one page menu from the current restaurant, Aspire. No wine list, just a wrinkled menu with dried food stuck on it. Also, there is no table in the guest room and the mattress was rather uncomfortable, providing for a not-so-great sleep.

I have to say the WORST part of this overnight stay was the room service provided by the in-house restaurant, Aspire.

Room service was delivered and handed to me on a smallish black tray, piled high with entrees, appetizers, bread, butter, a wine bottle and wine glasses; It weighed a ton. I did not understand why it wasn't on a table (there is no table in guest room). I suppose we were expected to eat dinner on our lap in bed (which we did)... I've never had room service delivered on a tray.

On top of an automatic 20% gratuity and convenience charge, we were expected to unstack the tray and open the wine bottle ourselves with a cheap white plastic corkscrew.. the kind with two pieces that you get a liquor store. If anyone has used this you'll know they are extremely difficult to use. Needless to say, it broke - since it was plastic and all.

After spending 15 minutes trying to open the bottle without a decent tool at hand we attempted to "enjoy" our dinner. The appetizers and entrees were ice cold. The raviolis which accompanied our filet mignon were NOT cooked. When I say not cooked, I mean they were raw pasta filled with uncooked filling. The additional vegetables were undercooked as well. Luckily, the cold filet was cooked and appeared to be a nice cut. No ice water was provided and the wine glasses were covered in fingerprints.

This will always be a memorably negative experience and we will not be returning.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dba80
EmiBee, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

It is never acceptable to us to have our rooms left in such disarray. We assure you that we want to investigate this event and would appreciate it if you would please email Emily at ebeauchemin@stepstoneh... so that we can get to the bottom of the room issue.

As far as the restaurant issue, we will address that immediately. We will reexamine our in room wine presentation and see if we can't come up with a better In Room Dining Display. There are desks, coffee tables, or end tables in all of our rooms but we understand that none of those may be comfortable for more than one diner. Food being uncooked or served cold is unacceptable and will be brought up immediately to restaurant management.

We apologize strongly for your negative experience when staying with us and would enjoy the chance to discuss it further with you in hopes of making amends.

(I have also attempted to reach out to you via Yelp where this review is posted as well.)

Best wishes...