“Good place for a group”

Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
stoughton,ma
“Good place for a group”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had made reservations for a group of 10 at Union Station Brewery for dinner. We arrived early , and our table was ready, however we discovered that we could not all view the televisions easily (the NFL playoffs were on). We saw a large table near the bar and asked if we could be moved, no problem! We had a 5pm reservation so I'm sure if we were later that wouldn't have been possible. We had multiple servers to take our orders and make sure that everyone had what they needed. All meals were very good and all came out at the same time. Some of the standouts were the lobster mac and cheese and the buff chicken pizza which was one of the most delicious pizzas I've had. The atmosphere is an open concept brewery. We found it to be very clean and the location is easy to reach from rt 95. We all agreed we would try this restaurant again.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank skier133

• Korean first
Providence
“Excellent Eats!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been here many times and have never been disappointed! Their food is excellent and we always have the most upbeat servers! The lobster mac and cheese is absolutely to die for, I order it almost every time I go. Their pub kettle chips are also a great appetizer to snack on while waiting for your food. It is in a great location downtown near Kennedy Plaza, the Westin hotel and the Providence Place mall. There are a lot of nearby restaurants but this one is by far my favorite! They also offer great space for private events and have large tables in the bar for big groups! I would definitely recommend this place, and will be returning soon!

Visited December 2012
Celebration, Florida
“Great Place for Group Fun”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had a group of 25 for dinner, and Union Station did a wonderful job putting us all in a private area, and serving all of us in a timely way. Everyone's food came at the same time (no easy task as all ordered off the menu), and glasses were kept full. We did make arrangements in advance, so they knew we were coming. It was a fun spot for an informal night with anyone who enjoys lots of good beer!

Visited November 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great locations lead to laziness”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Like so many restaurants and pubs that are blessed a killer location close to a busy hotel, Union Station can afford to slack off and still be profitable for its owners.
Their beers are good, but nothing remarkable.
But the food is lousy: I mean, how hard is it to cook a burger correctly? Or to make a salad fresh and tasty?
And the level of cleanliness was low: the floors are sticky and the tables are grimy.
Yes, this place can get by on mediocrity, but why not go the extra mile and really make this place shine?

• Visited November 2012
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Great place for beer and food”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

A large group of us were in Providence for a conference and we soon found the Union Station Brewery the ideal place for both evening drinks and a quick lunch. The selection of beers was excellent and the food menu matches up pretty well too.

While the plate of Nachos in the Appetiser menu is ridiculously large (so large in fact that I lost my appetite pretty quickly, it's definitely more for 4+ people to share), the other dishes I tried were excellent. The Buffullo pizza was thin and crispy, and the beef burger one of the best I had during my trip to the US.

The place has a really nice atmosphere and is the type of bar / pub that I'd kill to have as my local back home in the UK. Definitely worth a visit or two if you're in the area.

• Visited October 2012