“Top Notch”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 828 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
Cross street: Memorial Blvd.
Description: The train may have left the station, but you don't have to miss out on the most extraordinary steak around. Join us in Union Station for dry aged steak that The Providence Journal lauds as having, “only gotten better with time.” We’re just one block away from the RI Convention Center and Dunkin’ Donuts Center. Conveniently, we’re also just the spot Rhode Island Monthly says is “Best Restaurant to Impress.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

While this may be a chain restaurant, it is hardly a chain when it comes to their food and the quality of their food. We attend monthly cigar dinners here on their ample outside patio and the food is more spectacular each time we go. They create great novel appetizers, their steaks are top notch cuts cooked to perfection even for the large crowd at the event. I have eaten here numerous times with a large crowd or just for two and they go through great lengths to provide excellent service and great tasting food. Well worth the experience.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am not really into steak or steakhouses, so when my husband suggested the Capital Grille, I was not thrilled. Well, was I pleasantly surprised! We were seated right according to our reservation on a busy night. The cocktails were wonderful - love the bar/lounge area (the full menu can be enjoyed there, too).
The oysters were nice and fresh, as was my Chilean Sea Bass entree and my husband's porcini rubbed steak. The mushroom side dish was just as good as the main courses. The food was really delicious!
Our wine was fantastic at an excellent price (less than $25) - Stemmari Nero d'Avolo - it paired well with seafood and steak which is not easy. Atmosphere & Service were great. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We made our reservation on the "Open Table" web site which was a breeze. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was extremely full. We were seated at 7:00 p.m., the time of our reservation. From there is was an outstanding experience from the friendly hostesses, the waitstaff, (Tom and Daniel), and the filet mignon was cooked to perfection. The waitstaff ask if your night out is for a special occasion, which it was, a birthday. To our surprise, after we finished our dinner Tom brought us a complimentary "Happy Birthday" plate with a lit candle, a small chocolate mousse and a small cheese cake. Both were out of this world! Looking forward to another great fine dining experience at the Capital Grille soon! (Hoping Tom will be our waiter again!).

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I could write about the great steak, the yummy creamed corn, the tasty shrimp and of course the fabulous Mac n cheese. But why do so when everyone already knows these are excellent? Capital Grill never disappoints! Instead I highly recommend you try the coconut cream pie!!! I am normally a chocolate cake or cheesecake person. Even if you are too, try the CC pie please. It is not super coconutty -- creamy defines it. At my last two visits to Capital Grill the dessert that was most passed around the table and totally devoured was the CC pie. It is a large portion we had two pies at our table. This is by far my favorite dessert at any restaurant anywhere.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I went to Capital Grille in Providence, RI today. We had enjoyed dinner several times and wanted to try lunch. We LOVED the lunch menu but wanted the smoked salmon appetizer off the dinner menu to start....NOT a problem, anything from the dinner menu was available. I opted for the rib eye steak sandwich with caramelized onions and melted Havarti. Instead of fries I got green beans and, diet in mind, skipped the delicious looking fresh grilled bread. What I got was a delicious, perfectly cooked, larger than I expected steak. It tenderly melted in my mouth. Who knew? A fantastic place for lunch. Treat yourself!