“Best Business Lunch”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 817 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
Cross street: Memorial Blvd.
Description: The train may have left the station, but you don't have to miss out on the most extraordinary steak around. Join us in Union Station for dry aged steak that The Providence Journal lauds as having, “only gotten better with time.” We’re just one block away from the RI Convention Center and Dunkin’ Donuts Center. Conveniently, we’re also just the spot Rhode Island Monthly says is “Best Restaurant to Impress.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

OK, so it's a chain restaurant. Capital Grilleis unlike any other chain I know. the food is always excellent, and the wine list is literally unmatched. It's expensive, but worth it.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Providence abounds with quality dining venues.
Capital Grille is very overpriced for the quality received.
Once the place 'to be seen' its now somewhat 'overdone'.

1  Thank Desertfan
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've eaten at MUCH better restaurants than this overpriced waste of time. pay $20 to park and then come inside to eat a meal that will cost you $300 and taste like it should be free. Over seasoned passionately... I would never go here again. I went once, had a horrible waiter who couldn't be bothered to fill up water nevermind come back to our table but to bring the check (on a NON busy evening). I'll head down the road to Capricio's with a smile on my face!

2  Thank ALICIA G
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Not knowing anything about this place and just finding it on our map while driving through Providence, I wasn't expecting this. I saw the world "grille" but not realizing the 'e' on the end, that should have been my first tip. We were just looking for a low cost place to chow before heading back to Boston. I ordered the clam chowder and the lobster roll with truffle fries. Clam chowder was decent at best, I've had better in Texas. The lobster roll lacked flavor. While I know lobster isn't the most flavorful crustacean in the sea, there was absolutely no flavor to it. The bread was the best thing about it. The truffle fries were actually very good and I definitely recommend those. My boyfriend had the lobster and crab burger and he said it was pretty good. For the price we paid for a lunch (over $50), we expected a little more. Won't be going back.

1  Thank TxDevil
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great grille...& i have been to most if not all of them. Professional staff, ambiance & service was great. Food was perfect & our server Nicole was super duper....