“Very Poor Service”

Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Very Poor Service”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I went to RiRa on a Saturday at 1245pm. There was no hostess and no sign, so we stumbled around for a couple minutes confused as to where to go. Eventually another customer (who also looked confused) asked the bartender and relayed to us that it was seat yourself. That would have been nice to know at the entrance.

More than 5 minutes later a waitress came by and dropped off menus, but did not ask for drinks. More than 5 minutes went by and we asked for waters and ordered our meals.. 10 minutes later the waters came with no apology on their delay. 30 mins later we still had no food and no sign of the waitress. We left after waiting 40 minutes for our food, disgusted with the horrible service. The room was not packed either, not that that would be a valid excuse. I will never return to this place and will tell my friends to do likewise. This was the first time I've ever left a restaurant after ordering. That shows how bad the service was.

• Visited February 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Irish Pub Grub & Atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The atmosphere here is awesome! Choose to sit in a dark wooden cubby hole at the bar for intimate conversation, an open bar where you can watch sports on the tele, or in one of the great dining areas. Fun and entertaining events happening all the time: Karaoke on the night I was there, an upcoming Pub Quiz night, dart tournament...The menu is Pub Fare (Irish classics like Cottage Pie and Bangers & Mash), sandwiches, burgers, etc, but is of a Stellar Quality! Nightly specials are great-i was there for half off starters and filled up on the incredible "untraditional potato cakes", so didn't even get to try the monthly special dish of "Boxty" (look it up on their site!). They were also having half of select pints, so my two ciders and app were only $13 and change-talk about Value! Bartender was friendly and made suggestions about the menu. Read all the menus and ask about specials, that's where you will find the best value and incredible surprises. I will return again as soon as possible to try something else!

• Visited January 2014
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“A proper pint!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Love the Irish Breakfast that's available all day. Cozy, delightful Dublin themed bar in the heart of Downtown Providence. If you're a fan of the Irish Pub, this is a must visit.

They pour a proper pint of Guinness here, and the energy and charisma of the place really carries true to it's theme.

There is outdoor seating for fine weather - and the indoor seating is cozy when the chill sets in.

Visited November 2013
Saugus, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pub food and great service!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were a little worried when we were walking into the pub on a Sunday night and saw nobody, and I mean nobody!, when we first walked in- but once we got around the corner hallway we were greated by a pleasant bar tender with an irish accent. We were able to sit wherever we wanted and our waitress was prompt with getting us drinks. There were only a few people in there, but it got steadily busier during our time there. The food was definetly better than the standard bar food and I would absolutely go back when in Providence again. Service continued to be great through our meal. The decor/atmosphere was also fun. Would like to go back on a Friday or Saturday night to see what the actual bar scene is like.

• Visited October 2013
Southcoast, MA
“My Dubliner says it feels like home”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I want to preface this review by saying that we went to Ri Ra specifically for the All-Ireland Gaelic Football match which was streaming in the pub. There was a $20 admission which included a Full Irish Breakfast. The food was great. The Bloody Mary's were perfect. And the ambiance, well...it was Irish. Since I live with a Dubliner, this is exactly what we were looking for on this sacred day of sport.

Most impressive was the camaraderie among the management, staff, and patrons. Everyone just seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves. For a fun afternoon or evening, bring the lads to Ri Ra.

• Visited September 2013