“meh”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Cross street: Weeden
Description: Visit one of the oldest and most well known Italian restaurants in all of Rhode Island. Located on Historic Federal Hill, The Blue Grotto has continued to provide exemplary traditional Italian cuisine throughout it's 30 year history. In an upscale, but casual environment, The Blue Grotto offers attentive service in a relaxed setting. The wine list is one of the best Providence has to offer.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I went here with my grandparents a few months ago and we were really disappointed. The decor inside is boring and dark, definitely needs updating. The food was average, two dishes - salmon and scallops - came out half cold half warmish. Probably won't waste time going back, there are so many great restaurants on Atwells.

3  Thank jdvc1389

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We've eaten at several Federal Hill restaurants but had never tried Blue Grotto. The food was good, portions are on the small side, leave you wanting more. The service was okay but could have been better considering it was a Saturday night and not very busy. Salad is extra and wasn't very impressive for the price we paid. Atmosphere is nice, just not overly impressed with the meals.

2  Thank PJMinCT
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is what you expect at Federal Hill. It's got a tuscan appeal, the wait staff is proper and prompt, and the food is delicious. The prices reflect the pros but if you like delicious food tailored for you, and would like to enjoy an attentive prompt wait staff, this will satisfy you.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I went here with my college room mate and her parents. The portions are pretty big so come hungry. There are a lot of options to choose from on the menu, I had a hard time deciding what I wanted because everything seemed so good. I had some housemade ravioli and polenta. it was delicious, I also had creme brulee for dessert. mmmmhmm

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The restaurant had extended their "Restaurant Week" specials. Such a deal! I had lobster/shrimp bisque, pappardelle bolognese, and a cannoli for dessert; all for $29.95. I couldn't finish the pasta it was so rich and delicious. If you feel like wonderful, high quality, traditional Italian food - this is a great choice.