“Delicious”

Ranked #137 of 814 Restaurants in Providence
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Great food, unusual but wide choice of beers and wine. Excellent

There are newer reviews for Red Fez

Reviewed October 30, 2011

We love the Red Fez for its amazing owners and staff, simple yet diverse menu, spectacular soups, great bar, reasonable price points and "RISD-decor!' Have been countless times, wish we still lived in Providence, have yet to find its equal.... always good, always a treat.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Red Fez is an excellent dinner spot in downtown providence. It can be a little difficult to find but just look for the sign with the Red Fez on it...

Reviewed September 19, 2011

First let me say that I am no way saying the food was bad. I think this place was a little overhyped for me and I was expecting to be blown away. Their food was good, and their were some creative dishes. The ambiance is ok, but you may have to sit at long bench type table on stools with no backs (which I hate, which is wear I sat). I had the skirt steak with chimichurri sauce and potatoes. I absolutely loved the potatoes and how they were cooked in chorizo fat, the steak was tasty and cooked a nice medium rare as well. The chimichurri sauce though I was not impressed with, it was almost as if they were trying to think too much out of the box to make it unique. They added so many different spices and flavors to the sauce that I think they lost it a bit, and there was way too much pepper in it. I think this place challenges peoples palates which I like but it can be hit or miss. I would recommend this place if you want to try new things and most likely have a tasty meal as well. Wine is suprisingly expensive at this place as well.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Stumbled onto this place with son and his roomate move-in first weekend of college, incredible food, incredible music reel, great service and by the time we left, jam packed. Hoppin small very eclectic bar on second floor. Don't come with any attitude!! Very fresh ingredients, new menu every week. A wonderful funky introduction to Providence. I think it's out of the way, off the beaten path location adds to the allure. Otherwise there would be lines of folks up and down the street.