“Exquisite and Eloquent! ”
Review of Nick's on Broadway

Nick's on Broadway
Ranked #23 of 832 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

A lovely evening and an exceptionally unique cuisine. Wonderful wait staff, meticulous selection of ingredients (cook literally hand-picked our salads and garnish with tweezers!) I've waited hours on a Sunday for an amazing brunch, and so glad I finally tried their dinner. May not be located directly on Federal Hill, but it's definitely the best restaurant!

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We had brunch here and it was great. We did have to wait a bit but we didn't mind too much. Portion size was generous. Their buttermilk biscuits are a must! Crunchy goodness! Also the Eggs Benedict dish is a must try. Granola is good too.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The only bad thing about Nick's is that it is so well loved, it can be tough to get a seat. The breakfast is always good with unusual choices as well as old favorites. I was lucky enough to get a seat at the bar recently after a show. I had a beautiful meal with divers scallops and a salad. My daughter had a mouthwatering steak dinner. Such an experience to sit looking into the kitchen and watch the prep.

1  Thank RIRae2014
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This restaurant has a small menu and a daily Chef Tasting menu and the food is consistently delicious. We like to sit at the counter and watch the chef and kitchen staff prepare their creative dishes, the kitchen is very clean and the staff well organized. We've never ordered the tasting menu but I definitely would someday when I have a good appetite, we've watched the tasty dishes being prepared. For starters I ordered the Salad of Baby Greens Farm lettuces with citrus, apples, radishes, Narragansett Creamery feta cheese + honey-spiced walnuts and my husband had the native mussels + squid with pumpkin-pepper-herb broth, charred bread + lemon-chili aioli. We loved the flavors of the mussels and I ate al of his charred bread. For the main course my husband ordered the Citrus-roasted Point Judith cod with sweet potato purée, lentils + lemon preserve vinaigrette. I ordered Roasted local winter vegetables + fennel with barley, oats, sesame, Parmesan + fresh herbs. Everything was really good and we had no room to try dessert although they gave us a chocolate/beet truffle in a yummy sauce at the end of the meal. The cocktails were really yummy too.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went to this restaurant based on a coworker's recommendation...it was excellent! While we did have to wait for a table, the food was worth the wait!!! I had the special Eggs Benedict on Point Judith Fish cakes. They were served PIPING hot and very tasty. Our party also had the chicken sandwich with aioli sauce (just delicious!) and a salad with chicken and raspberry vinigrette dressing (fresh and tasty. The staff could not have been friendlier and the waitstaff was very attentive. Brunch for three was $44 (not including tip). This place was well worth the wait!!!