“Cozy comfort food!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited Nick's on a cold day, threatened with possible snow flurries, and was enveloped with warmth. Was glad we came during a slow period, so was able to be seated immediately. The place is small, so I can understand from other reviewers how packed the place could be!

Ordered the Napoli pasta with chicken, and it turned out to be a good choice on such a cold day. Loved the touch of toasted bread crumbs on top of the dish. Not a low calorie choice, but worth every bite.

Service great, and prices reasonable. Definitely worth returning!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is my second time at Nick's for lunch with a friend who has a local business. The service is great and the food is delicious and very reasonably priced. Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The other night we returned to Nick's on Broadway.

Joined by friends Andrea, Barbara and John we sat for an early dinner at one of the West Side's favorite eateries; and only four blocks from our house it's certainly one of ours. From chef-owner Derek Wagner down to the bustling service staff, it's hard to find fault with Nick's. The food is delicious and our server Krissy (or Chrissy or Chrissie?) was pleasantly friendly without being intimate and her knowledge of the wines and their relationship to the menu was truly amazing.

And it's a comfort, frankly, to be able to support so many local producers while enjoying such a delectable meal: our Monkfish and flounder were both from Point Judith, and the beef from Blackbird Farm. Derek, like a growing number of chefs in Providence -- although by no means all -- is a man determined to support local resources. And he's there pretty much all the time working. Next time you go just tell him Steve and Susan said hi!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've always wanted to try this place, but it can get crowded and my husband never wants to wait! But, on an 10:50 friday morning, hurray, we came in and got seated! My only misgiving was, it's lent and friday, which meant, i can't try their steak and eggs which looked very good! It past me on it's way to the next table! Ouch! But i ordered the pasta with mushrooms and fresh riccotta. It was delicious!! And when i told our very nice lady server that it's hard for me to find real fresh riccotta upstate, NY, she gave me an extra serving on the side! Heaven! Thank you, my very nice lady server!
My hubby ordered their vanilla brioche french toast. Thick cut and perfectly cooked. Not heavy at all. I had some too! We were very satisfied! Their menu items were very interesting. If i live there, i'd eat at Nick's as often as i can! Thank you for places like this ,that sets themselves apart from the ho-hums! I love it!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have had a fantastic brunch at Nick's but finally had a dinner night out with family. It was right at opening which worked perfect with an almost five-year-old Grandson! The service was super! The appetizer was so absolutely unusual and interesting. We had the charcuterie and it was just fun and yummy! Everyone ordered something different and we loved all of it. The waitress paired us with very good wines for each of our excellent meals. The desserts were scrumptious and it's fun to watch the chefs at work. I knew it was expensive, but I felt it was worth every penny for a fine experience. Everyone there really makes it a worthwhile experience. I haven't had a better dining experience in a long time. Going at opening we were able to really relax and enjoy the entire atmosphere to the max!