“Local fav, good when I need a shake...”

Newport Creamery Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 18 Dessert in Providence
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Local fav, good when I need a shake...”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Local fav, good when I need a shake...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I like Newport Creamery...”
Reviewed October 25, 2008

I like Newport Creamery. If you're a newbie, you have to have an Awful Awful. (It's a drink.) It is the best ice cream/milk shake anywhere.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
“Newport Creamey, high prices for small, plain meals”
Reviewed January 16, 2006

I have always been one for old style restaurants that have been around for a while, and newport creamery is one of them, they have some great ice cream after all! Ive only been a few times but the last time I went I made up my mind never to go again. Me and 2 other friends went, and between the 3 of us we had: a small tuna sandwich, chicken club sandwich (Im talking the 2 pieces of plain toasted bread with lettuce type) and my other friend had a sub and a scoop of ice cream. The bill came to about $28.00 for mom and pop style food, the soggy tuna melt was a whopping $6.99 with a small side of fries. Thats the most expensive sandwich I have ever eaten, not to mention the worst. It was so soggy and cold I could not finish it and lost my appetite. My friends' food was also nothing to run home about and pretty expensive. After the tip this small meal came to over $30.00, Ive paid that much at upper scale Indian restaurants. I do not recommend this place to eat for anyone, 17 year olds are making your food, good for them for working hard but I wont pay $7 for a sandwich I can make at home, and should have since I could have made it better.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member