“Really great place!”

North
Ranked #69 of 828 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Had an awesome meal here.
Enjoyed all 5 dishes.
Each was very well-prepared and delicious.
Great service, also.
Hope to go back soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

In the highly competetitive restaurant scene in Providence this one stands out with it's exciting menu and bold flavors. The plates are ment to be shared and for a party of two, four dishes was perfect - if you are real hungry you can go for five - You could also go for five, becauses the food is just so good.

The place is rather small - they don't seat more than 25-30 guests and they don't take reservations - so be prepared to wait.

The staff is very knowledgeable and can assist you in your food journey at this place very well.

We had the TIny Ham biscuits with Country ham and beer mustard - too little ham on the biscuits if you ask me. After the biscuits arrived the Hidden Oysters.The Oysters where hidden in a Burmese pancake and accompanied with Celery, radish and various pickles a simply amazing dish. From there we tried the famous Dan-Dan noodles - goat, squid, fermented chilies and black pepper - this was an amazing dish and I can understand that they would cause an uproar if they took it off. Wonderful flavors and a bit of heat. Up next was the Monkfish - one of my favorite fishes - a/k/a poor man's lobster. A lot of subtle flavors - think Japanese. This dish should arrive before the Dan-Dan noodles due to its intricate flavors.

1  Thank Reslimpan
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I usually avoid restaurants serving fusion cuisine because they tend to mix and match ingredients that don't necessarily go together simply for the sake of novelty. So I went in to North with reluctance (a friend wanted to check it out). The place is tiny, and we were seated at the bar because we didn't want to wait for a table. I thought we would be getting perfunctory service to match the lack of proper seating. Instead, the waitstaff couldn't have been friendlier or more attentive. When I mentioned my food allergies, they asked the chef to mark off the items that would be safe for me to try. We had four different dishes, all incredibly delicious: an original interpretation of Dan Dan noodles (goat and squid don't sound as if they go together, but they do!), pan-seared scallops with mushrooms, fried skate wing seasoned with housemade oyster sauce and fingerling potatoes on the side, and a really good chicken ramen in pork broth (so very not your instant noodle package!). Small portions but quite filling. A+ for quality and presentation, A+ for service with a smile. Go early-- the place is filled by 5:30, and mobbed by 6:30.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We loved everything we ordered, and had fun with the small plates approach. The plates are actually not that small. Local raw oysters were great. The spicy cauliflower and hot-and-sour bok choy were great, and yes, quite spicy. The crab and skate were also very good. Dessert didn't disappoint either. No reservations, so come early or be prepared to wait a bit at the neighborhood bar across the street

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Such a breath of fresh air I LOVE north. Some of my old favourites I wish they would bring back for some tests runs. Green chow mein 1and 2. Crab feast for two. This dish had me hooked on the place we went at least once a week when it was on the menu.. And the Brussels sprouts... Amazing ... Bring them back!! Love the service everyone here is great. Menu used to change more often but not as much lately .. Fave place in town

1  Thank Caitriona202