“A wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Camille's

Camille's
Reserve with OpenTable
Camille's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 797 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Atwells Avenue
Transit: Local bus service nearby.
Description: Camille's has been a Rhode Island dining landmark since 1914. Executive Chef John Granata's masterful versions of classical Italian dishes, melded with eye-popping creative fare amazes guest on a nightly basis.
Hudson, Ohio
“A wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

High end Italian restaurant with great service and an extensive menu selection. This is a very traditional Providence establishment that would be a great place to shoot a gangster movie. Dark interior with the seating arranged for privacy. Wait staff top professionals and the dinner selections offer a nice mix of traditional Italian along with seafood and some unique specials. Everything we had from the appetizers through dessert was great. Wine selection extensive. I was there for a fairly long business dinner and never felt rushed. Overall a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited December 2012

“Major disappointment”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Party of six, excited for a great meal. Started out with waiter bringing the wrong bottle of wine, good thing I caught it before he opened it as it was about 30 bucks difference. Ordered appetizers for table ...waiter plated out artichokes and completely left out one of the guests and then took off. Yellowtail fish entree was about 4 oz of fish and the potatoes were cold. Just really disappointed. Very expensive for a bad experience. Too bad because I really was looking forward to it. Makes you made when you think about how bad it was for days later. Won't be back.

1 Thank trishsmu
new england
“A Federal Hill classic”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great bartenders, great food, interesting patrons. A must place to dine when on the hill. One of the originals!

Visited November 2012
New London, CT
“Closest thing to Gram's old fashion Italian cooking!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I haven't had good old fashion Italian food like this since Gram prepared meals when I was a child. The menu displayed dishes that to me reflect the more traditional meals such a Gnocchi and Broccoli Rabe, the stuff I was weaned on as a child. The quality of food and service was nothing short of excellent. This experience definitely warrants a return visit.

• Visited November 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrible experience in Camille's”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

To whom may concern,
I make a reservation at 9:00pm in October 24, which is my birthday. I was late about 10 mins, but your restaurant's valet did not let me in. He said the restaurant closed at 9:00. I see the hours which is Dinner 5 - 10PM Mon thru Thur, 5 - 11PM Fri & Sat. I said I had a reservation, the valet said the kitchen was closed at 9:00pm. The official closed hours from your website is 10pm, why the valet stop me? I could not believe that this was happened. A lot of my friends suggested me to try Camille's because they think the restaurant is the best in Providence. However, Camille's gave a me a extremely negative impression. I cannot believe that the "NO. 1 Italian restaurant" treats guests like this. Also I cannot understand why you guys treat me like this way, because I am a Chinese girl or you guys think I cannot pay for the dinner?

• Visited October 2012