“A Federal Hill classic”
Review of Camille's

Camille's
Reserve with OpenTable
Camille's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 804 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Atwells Avenue
Transit: Local bus service nearby.
Description: Camille's has been a Rhode Island dining landmark since 1914. Executive Chef John Granata's masterful versions of classical Italian dishes, melded with eye-popping creative fare amazes guest on a nightly basis.
new england
“A Federal Hill classic”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great bartenders, great food, interesting patrons. A must place to dine when on the hill. One of the originals!

Visited November 2012

New London, CT
“Closest thing to Gram's old fashion Italian cooking!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I haven't had good old fashion Italian food like this since Gram prepared meals when I was a child. The menu displayed dishes that to me reflect the more traditional meals such a Gnocchi and Broccoli Rabe, the stuff I was weaned on as a child. The quality of food and service was nothing short of excellent. This experience definitely warrants a return visit.

• Visited November 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrible experience in Camille's”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

To whom may concern,
I make a reservation at 9:00pm in October 24, which is my birthday. I was late about 10 mins, but your restaurant's valet did not let me in. He said the restaurant closed at 9:00. I see the hours which is Dinner 5 - 10PM Mon thru Thur, 5 - 11PM Fri & Sat. I said I had a reservation, the valet said the kitchen was closed at 9:00pm. The official closed hours from your website is 10pm, why the valet stop me? I could not believe that this was happened. A lot of my friends suggested me to try Camille's because they think the restaurant is the best in Providence. However, Camille's gave a me a extremely negative impression. I cannot believe that the "NO. 1 Italian restaurant" treats guests like this. Also I cannot understand why you guys treat me like this way, because I am a Chinese girl or you guys think I cannot pay for the dinner?

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank 7am1024
Warwick, Rhode Island
“A nice evening”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were to meet our party of 8 on an early Saturday evening. The restaurant does offer valet service but when we arrived the valet was busy talking on his phone in the parking lot so we parked our own car. He approached us (the valet service) and was very rude telling us this was a private lot and became confrontational, etc. which made for a bad start to the evening.
Once we were inside, we were greeted and seated as we had early reservations.
Our servers were friendly and attentive. The appetizer of calamari that we shared at the table was very tasty and so were the salads including the beet salad. Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal. My entree was good but the seafood was a bit overcooked.

• Visited November 2012
colorado
“Could be a bit tastier on the pallette”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had read how great this was, so we had to try it. We thought it was just average. There were 3 of us and we each had something different. We felt that flavor was lacking. They do give big servings, and had to take the leftovers home. I had the niocchi. It was good, but the sauce was not very flavorful. It was too bland and needed a punch to make it better. I would try another restaurant in the area.

Visited October 2012