“terrible experience in Camille's”
Review of Camille's

Camille's
Reserve with OpenTable
Camille's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 813 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Atwells Avenue
Transit: Local bus service nearby.
Description: Camille's has been a Rhode Island dining landmark since 1914. Executive Chef John Granata's masterful versions of classical Italian dishes, melded with eye-popping creative fare amazes guest on a nightly basis.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

To whom may concern,
I make a reservation at 9:00pm in October 24, which is my birthday. I was late about 10 mins, but your restaurant's valet did not let me in. He said the restaurant closed at 9:00. I see the hours which is Dinner 5 - 10PM Mon thru Thur, 5 - 11PM Fri & Sat. I said I had a reservation, the valet said the kitchen was closed at 9:00pm. The official closed hours from your website is 10pm, why the valet stop me? I could not believe that this was happened. A lot of my friends suggested me to try Camille's because they think the restaurant is the best in Providence. However, Camille's gave a me a extremely negative impression. I cannot believe that the "NO. 1 Italian restaurant" treats guests like this. Also I cannot understand why you guys treat me like this way, because I am a Chinese girl or you guys think I cannot pay for the dinner?

1  Thank 7am1024
There are newer reviews for Camille's

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were to meet our party of 8 on an early Saturday evening. The restaurant does offer valet service but when we arrived the valet was busy talking on his phone in the parking lot so we parked our own car. He approached us (the valet service) and was very rude telling us this was a private lot and became confrontational, etc. which made for a bad start to the evening.
Once we were inside, we were greeted and seated as we had early reservations.
Our servers were friendly and attentive. The appetizer of calamari that we shared at the table was very tasty and so were the salads including the beet salad. Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal. My entree was good but the seafood was a bit overcooked.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had read how great this was, so we had to try it. We thought it was just average. There were 3 of us and we each had something different. We felt that flavor was lacking. They do give big servings, and had to take the leftovers home. I had the niocchi. It was good, but the sauce was not very flavorful. It was too bland and needed a punch to make it better. I would try another restaurant in the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The service was excellent. Our waiter was perfectly attentive; available when needed, but never interrupted conversation. The food was "old school Italian" with many classic dishes, but also a few surprises, which was nice. The tomato and mozzarella salad was superb! The mozzarella literally melts in your mouth! The atmosphere was casually elegant, and perfect for a quiet night out.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Nice spot for a special evening. Great bartenders! Sat at the bar to eat, which we generally do. Service was attentive yet non-obtrusive. My dish, Cassoulet, was FANTASTIC! Not a traditional preparation but a very nice twist on a classic. Carbonara was a little disappointing, especially for an Italian restaurant...but it was OK. Will definitely go back! Many tempting menu choices.
Go.....you will not be disappointed!