“OK Food Very bad service”
Review of Sakura Restaurant

Sakura Restaurant
Ranked #292 of 810 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Fox Point
Neighborhood: Fox Point
New Rochelle, New York
“OK Food Very bad service”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ate there Saturday evening at 8:30 pm. We ordered two of the specialty rolls. The food was well presented and tasked OK, not great. I asked for ice tea afer I found out it was BYOB, it was never delivered. After we ate the sushi, the waitress brought the check. She never asked if we wanted dessert or anything. We asked for the Tempura ice cream. and she did bring some. It was not very good; the tempura coating was soggy.

There were a couple of large groups in the small dining room and they were very loud.

Sakura did NOT present a good dining experience

• Visited June 2013

Fall River, Massachusetts, United States
“Food is always delicious, service could be better...”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Me and my wife we've been there couple of times, both times we were able to get the tables where you sit on the floor for a more traditional japanese experience. The food is always delicious and the price is reasonable. My only issue is their service, some of their waiters barely speaks English so it's hard to understand them and if you make a question sometimes they don't understand you either. But other than that is a great little restaurant!

• Visited April 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“nice display of sushi”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've been there a couple of times. The first time was the best experience that me and my friends sat down on the floor in a typical Japanese dining atmosphere. The sushi was displayed so well and every dish was liked by us a lot!

• Visited February 2012
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“Favorite Sushi Place”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

In the past few years, I've eaten at many sushi restaurants all over the United States and this is consistently the one that has set the bar for me. It is hands down my favorite. Their sushi is incredibly fresh and fairly priced for the quality and creativity you receive (in fact, it's much less expensive than most places I've been). They have the best miso soup I've ever tasted. I usually order the spicy salmon roll and the Lost Control, which is absolutely incredible. They have loads of choices, including non-sushi options, and I love their food so much that I eat here several times a month.

Their dining room has also been recently renovated so it's quite nice inside now. The service has always been very quick for me. It's always almost empty during lunch time, so then it's even faster.

I highly, highly recommend this place and always am looking for an excuse to bring people to eat there with me. Even if I'm alone, I'll stop in for a bite to eat.

• Visited September 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Very Japanese”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

great seats outside, no monkey business service, tasty sushi & more

Visited May 2012