“Favorite Sushi Place”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Fox Point
Neighborhood: Fox Point
Reviewed September 17, 2012

In the past few years, I've eaten at many sushi restaurants all over the United States and this is consistently the one that has set the bar for me. It is hands down my favorite. Their sushi is incredibly fresh and fairly priced for the quality and creativity you receive (in fact, it's much less expensive than most places I've been). They have the best miso soup I've ever tasted. I usually order the spicy salmon roll and the Lost Control, which is absolutely incredible. They have loads of choices, including non-sushi options, and I love their food so much that I eat here several times a month.

Their dining room has also been recently renovated so it's quite nice inside now. The service has always been very quick for me. It's always almost empty during lunch time, so then it's even faster.

I highly, highly recommend this place and always am looking for an excuse to bring people to eat there with me. Even if I'm alone, I'll stop in for a bite to eat.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

great seats outside, no monkey business service, tasty sushi & more

Reviewed February 28, 2012

A BYOB sushi place. Its nothing fancy, but the prices are good and the food is good quality. You might have to wait on a weekend night.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

They call me the "Best Customer" when I walk in. I go often. The food is always consistently fresh. If you want a money atmosphere go somewhere else. If want home cooked noodles and fresh sushi for competitive prices come to Sakura. Tell them the "Best Customer" sent you.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

The menu and presentation of food looked promising. Unfortunately, that is where it ended: a dining area desperately in need of an overhaul, dirty silverware, and the presence of flies left us more than a little queasy/uneasy.