“Haven in the city”
Review of Pot au Feu

Pot au Feu
Reserve with OpenTable
Pot au Feu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 808 Restaurants in Providence
Neighborhood: Downtown Providence
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Haven in the city”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Bistro atmosphere was perfect for my birthday celebration. We had a leisurely dinner on a Saturday night, the place was full but there was no indication that we should move out because others wanted our seats. My husband and I had a delicious meal with outstanding service. Our server was helpful when asked for suggestions but not constantly at our table. Delicious french food expertly prepared, we plan to go again soon.

• Visited December 2012

Providence, Rhode Island
“Best French Restaurnt in the state”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Rhode island is not known for its French Restaurants, but it should be. As a native New Yorker, I had my choice of French restaurants, all of which are inthe who's who of French restaurants, and Pot au Feu ranks right up there with them. Put it on your to do list.

Visited December 2011
Rockwall, Texas
“Food and Atmosphere Were First Rate”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Bistro atmosphere was in perfect harmony with menu that was "fine" but not too delicate. The server was knowledgeable as to history of restaurant

• Visited September 2012
“Hard to find, but worth the effort.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I were walking around down city and found Pot Au Fri by accident. Normally, we don't go for French because we don't like our food smothered with sauses.

The restataunt is located downstairs in 175 yo building in its original location. The decor is very French and romantic.

The food was an equal surprise, super fresh and flavorful and nothing is covered up with sauses. We are so sorry we didn't discover it sooner.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Just ok”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I got the pot au feu special (French Sunday dinner). Everything was just ok and a little bland. It reminded me of corned beef and cabbage from the crock pot (although they use beef). All in all for the price I just found it ok. Atmosphere and service was fine but probably would not go back

• Visited September 2012